Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the US at least, the purchase of any new AMG entitles you to the Basic Academy, which is a day's worth of a track/training day or a $1795 credit towards the Advanced or Pro package, which is more in-depth. Cars included include E63, CLS63, SLS, SLK55, SL63, and C63. The four tracks where this is are the Circuit of the Americas, Palm Beach, Lime Rock, and Laguna Seca. I plan on using this when I get my AMG. I was wondering if anyone here has done this before and tell what it is like.

In the EU it is even better because there are sites like Arjeplog, Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Spa, Affalterbach, among others. I'd probably go to Arjeplog if I had the choice. That'd be some real fun.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm signed up for 12/5 at Laguna Seca, hope to see some of you there!
I'm looking at one of the two Laguna Seca days in December, assuming I get my car in time. Did they say you need to bring anything like a helmet?

I also wonder if they would even allow you to mount GoPros on the car. I would assume they would have their own mounts and cameras cleared by their legal department. God forbid someone's loose mount came off and hit someone. A herd of lawyers would descend.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the academy website has video of the timed runs for every participant. so i'm thinking their cars have cameras already.

·
Registered
24 Posts
no they won't let you use your own cameras or helmet. they provide everything. eat light as I've read there were some people that had to leave class mid-day due to motion sickness lol.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no they won't let you use your own cameras or helmet. they provide everything. eat light as I've read there were some people that had to leave class mid-day due to motion sickness lol.
That sucks. Do they go home or do they at least stay and watch?

Any dress code too?

·
Registered
24 Posts
http://www.amgacademy.com/program/faqs/program-faqs

http://www.amgacademy.com/program/faqs/program-faqs#collapse_19
What type of attire is appropriate for this event?

• Dress in cool, comfortable clothing with long pants/khakis or jeans; shorts are not permitted.
  • Footwear should be flat, thin-soled shoes such as driving shoes or sneakers; sandals, open-toe shoes, or extreme high heels are not permitted.
  • It’s a good idea to bring a hat or ballcap as well as a windbreaker or fleece jacket to anticipate any weather changes during the day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts