Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think official MSRP has been released for the new C, but reading through the launch articles from yesterday it was quoted that CLA is within 20% of the new C's starting. some quick math and you get $36K.

So based on the standard features that C is going to pack in any of you shoppers going to consider the new C?

• LED static headlamps as standard.
  • The rear lamp and brake light in the tail lights feature LED technology in all headlamp versions.
  • ATTENTION ASSIST fitted as standard
  • standard-fit COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Not me. I'm good with what I got.

·
Registered
433 Posts
No. I prefer the current C-class' styling. It's more aggressive and boxy. The new one is a bit too . . . smeared. The current one looks great as a C63. I don't think the new one would be quite as striking as an AMG.

The standard features don't interest me. Looks are important to me, but I never actually look at the exterior of my car with the lights on. And I don't really care to show off to others. And I don't really care for attention and collision assist.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I do wonder if the new C is going to hurt the E like the CLA hurt the C in the last 4 months of 2013. I mean looks wise the new C is a mini S, tack on a couple premium options and you're very close to the E's $51K MSRP....

·
Registered
945 Posts
TBH, i rather get the cheapest trim C-Class over the CLA. The new C-Class is like a whole different world, nothing like it's predecessor

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
The C-Class is so different than the CLA-Class that I don't know how one can compare to the other.

·
Registered
28 Posts
no. I prefer the current c-class' styling. It's more aggressive and boxy. The new one is a bit too . . . Smeared. The current one looks great as a c63. I don't think the new one would be quite as striking as an amg.

The standard features don't interest me. Looks are important to me, but i never actually look at the exterior of my car with the lights on. And i don't really care to show off to others. And i don't really care for attention and collision assist.

totally agree ^^^^^^^^^^

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
because their both Mercedes and both within reach... I don't know how their not compared..
I'm not sure what you mean by "within reach". Did you mean within reach in terms of price? If so then there's quite a difference between. The difference widens even more when you start to add various packages and options. To a lot of people a few thousand dollars make a huge difference. Regardless, price is not the only measure of difference between the two cars. One is a FWD and the other is a RWD as standard. Yes, both have or will have 4Matic as options but one is still front biased and the other is rear biased. The fuel economy between the two are not even close. There's a significant size difference between the two, especially with the new C-Class. Different driving dynamics. Different styling. Maybe it's just me but all those things make the two models very different. Comparing the two is like comparing the C-Class to the E-Class but nobody is doing that... I don't think.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yeah, but you need remember that most people who buy a luxury car probably don't even know if their car is FWD or RWD. They just buy it because the inside is purrtty and they can tweet while weaving through traffic. Also leasing has a way of significantly reducing the few thousand dollars separating the two cars (which is why so many people drive cars they should in no way be able to afford). People in the market for a CLA shouldn't be in the market for a C-class, but here stateside Mercedes is marketing it as an entry level luxury car and until a few years pass it'll be hard to shake the memory that the C-class used to be this so should still be within reach. I would think in the EU people might see things a bit differently since Mercedes already sells the A-class (which, in a reverse chronological way, is a CLA hatchback) and it is probably more known there that the CLA is actually an A-class. It's kind of like how the Audi TT is really just a Golf with a pretty body and a nicer badge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts