Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello members,
I live on the east coast and I was debating whether I should purchase mudflaps for my CLA or not.

• Is it a worthy addition?
  • Does it protect the car exterior from getting dirty in rain and slushy snow/ice?
Please let me know your views.

Thanks,
Vidya

·
Registered
167 Posts
I never see mudflaps on cars. It just makes your car have dirty mudflaps instead of a dirty wheel well. I don't think its worth it. Just take your car for a wash regularly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello members,
I live on the east coast and I was debating whether I should purchase mudflaps for my CLA or not.

• Is it a worthy addition?
  • Does it protect the car exterior from getting dirty in rain and slushy snow/ice?
Please let me know your views.

Thanks,
Vidya
In previous coupes that I have owned (like the VW CC), where the car's suspension is low, there is a tendancy for them to scrape when entering parking lots, or going up steep inclines.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My experience with both on and off is that your car looks dirty regardless. If it's bad enough that mud flaps make a difference, all it changes is that you don't have that "streak" of dirt on the bottom of the car. But the car still looks dirty. I changes the overall dirtiness look from a 10 to, say, an 8. Not really worth the compromise of the overall car's look, cost, and hitting the road (when you go over inclines, pull into the driveway, etc) in a low vehicle. And Mercedes aren't Italian cars. The rocks aren't going to destroy the car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
get the flappy rubber kind you used to see on the old Lancia Deltas ;) Better yet, drive with the car cover always on to negate unnecessary dirt ;) double plus better leave CLA in the garage if salt speckled paint grinds your gears.

Still the number one best way to protect the cars exterior from EVER getting dirty is to simply not purchase one ;)

·
Registered
945 Posts
On a car like the CLA I wouldn't put them on, it just kills how clean these cars look.
some guys even get their mud flaps painted to match the body color, might be something to consider for a cleaner look.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Not for the CLA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies, members. I agree with most of your views that the car gets dirty regardless :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
get the flappy rubber kind you used to see on the old Lancia Deltas ;) Better yet, drive with the car cover always on to negate unnecessary dirt ;) double plus better leave CLA in the garage if salt speckled paint grinds your gears.

Still the number one best way to protect the cars exterior from EVER getting dirty is to simply not purchase one ;)
Wow....!

·
Registered
433 Posts
get the flappy rubber kind you used to see on the old Lancia Deltas ;)
I wish they still made it. There's not really a car like the old Integrale, a hatch with a sedan-like body and interior and doesn't look like a wagon (a la Impreza). The Mazda 3 and Golf all feel really small in comparison.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It all depends if you can find some "splash" guards that will compliment your cars "lines"... There are places which can customize them so that you barely notice them... It's worth looking into if your really concerned...good luck!;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts