• AMG 45

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious which you guys are eyeing and will buy. I would love the 45 AMG but I can only afford the 250. I'm thinking most CLA buyers are in the same boat as me.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I'm going to test drive both but leaning towards the AMG.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I'm just curious which you guys are eyeing and will buy. I would love the 45 AMG but I can only afford the 250. I'm thinking most CLA buyers are in the same boat as me.
I think this time around I will be just getting the CLA 250 considering how much CLA AMG 45 will be upwards of $40k+ and even then with all the options I want it just gets up there. A CLA 250 with every option I want would make more sense financially.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I will be getting the CLA 45 AMG, for the price and the performance your getting I think its affordable. Especially an AMG from mercedes at that price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ordered the 45

I am getting the 45. The amg is going to be an animal. I can't wait. I am #1 on the list to recive my car in Manhattan. So excited to drive it.

panoramic sunroof
multimedia package
premium 1 package

:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll take mine in Jupiter Red please....

The 250 will be enough for me. Just need a comfy, efficient compact crusier.:cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am getting the 45. The amg is going to be an animal. I can't wait. I am #1 on the list to recive my car in Manhattan. So excited to drive it.

panoramic sunroof
multimedia package
premium 1 package

:)
Nice.

I'm getting the 250. I can't wait.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I wanted to get the CLA45 AMG but within the past few months I was made aware of an Audi S3 performance sedan and BMW M2/2M performance sedan, all direct competition to the CLA45 AMG. Since im not all that loyal to the Mercedes brand, I'll be waiting it out to see which compact performance sedan is the better one.

So far, the CLA beats the Audi A3 sedan and 2-series in exterior design.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think it will be more of a battle between the CLA and 2 series. Not too much of a fan for the S3 sedan, I like the wagon but it seems like the style doesn't ever change along with the boring interior.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Don't underestimate Audi they are in a tough battle here and I think they will be bringing out their big guns to this battle. This brand new segment has a huge potential to sell in volume.Mainly because of the pricing of all three it'll be tough to see who comes up on the top. i have my faith in the CLA 45 AMG.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Same here. I'm waiting for Audi and BMW to come out with their answer to the CLA45 AMG. As I mentioned before I'm in no rush. Having buyer's remorse on a $50K purchase is very hard to swallow. I'm also consideirng the Acura TL SH-AWD and the Lexus GS-350 which are already out. I can't wait for MB, Audi, and BMW to come out with their so I can take a day to just go test driving. What I like about the Acura is I can get it with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordering the 45AMG on Tuesday and from what the dealer says I'll be the first to have it here in Edmonton. Gonna have to trade in my GTI but well worth it for a amazing AMG

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
My deposit is on the AMG. If it is as good as, (it doesn't have to be better than) my Dinan tuned Bimmer 335 coupe with 400 hp and 400 ft//lbs. I'll get it. My fear is that it may be too much of a 'wanna be' race car.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Ordering the 45AMG on Tuesday and from what the dealer says I'll be the first to have it here in Edmonton. Gonna have to trade in my GTI but well worth it for a amazing AMG
Keep us posted on your 45AMG. Try to find out when exactly you'll be able to take delivery of it. I know people in the U.S. are suppose to get their's by Fall 2013, not sure what it's like for Canada though.
What do you think trade in will be like for your GTI?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
My deposit is on the AMG. If it is as good as, (it doesn't have to be better than) my Dinan tuned Bimmer 335 coupe with 400 hp and 400 ft//lbs. I'll get it. My fear is that it may be too much of a 'wanna be' race car.
Well, the CLA45 AMG will have 355 hp so right there it won't be as "good" as your Bimmer. The torque falls short, too.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Don't think it will be a wanna be race car.

There are much better examples of wanna be race cars out there :)

At least the 45 AMG makes good power. It looks nice and the interior is nice.

The TL and GS350 will be very different cars vs the CLA.

The BMW competitor will be the new 2 series M. 2M or M2 or whatever it will be called.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts