Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never heard of it until the Mercedes CLA was announced. It seems very impressive but I don't understand it at all. Is this exclusively Mercedes technology or is it a common feature in newer vehicles? Does anyone have any experience with it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I feel like this is a lot of technology to tell you something that you already know. If I'm tired at the wheel, I know that I am tired. A little coffee cup symbol telling me I'm tired will not be a revelation.

The Attention Assist technology will be more useful in conjunction with anti-lane drifting technology that actually helps you steer the car.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I feel like this is a lot of technology to tell you something that you already know. If I'm tired at the wheel, I know that I am tired. A little coffee cup symbol telling me I'm tired will not be a revelation.

The Attention Assist technology will be more useful in conjunction with anti-lane drifting technology that actually helps you steer the car.
Unfortunately not everyone is as responsible as you, mr smith :)

Sleep-deprived driving - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"It has been estimated that between 16% and 60% of all accidents have sleep deprivation as a cause."

Scary stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
The attention assist will help but I don't think that it'll solve the problem. People will still ignore it and keep driving.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I also think that people will continue to drive despite this system. A small amount of people will stop though, or switch drivers if they have that option, so some good will come of it. It almost works best at informing passengers that their driver is tired. Then your passengers can be like, "hey, you doing ok? The car says you are falling asleep."

·
Registered
186 Posts
at least in the end this system will make a difference although it's clear that some people will just ignore the warnings and keep on going

1 - 10 of 10 Posts