Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know that questions about color combos are totally subjective, but I'm curious to get feedback on the perfect interior color combination for a CLA 250 with a Cirrus White exterior & a Sports Package.

I'm leaning in the direction of getting a MB-TEX black interior with a walnut trim.

I think Beige goes better with a Jupiter Red exterior, and the Beige and Ash show stains more easily. Black gets hotter in the summer, but I live in Seattle so "too much sun" is NEVER a problem.

What's your opinion and why?

·
Registered
433 Posts
The car I'm buying only comes with black MB-Tex (no other MB-Tex options unless I get the Recaros) so I'm partial to black on a Cirrus White (since I'm getting that). I have to admit I initially wanted the grey because I thought looking into a white car into a black hole wasn't all that nice until I saw a Cirrus White C63 with black leather and it's quite nice.

I'm not too partial to walnut with black though. Black to be is a bit more modern and synthetic, whereas the walnut looks more old classical. I think walnut would look better with the beige/brown that the car comes with, but I think with black interior black ash or aluminum is better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Sport Packages includes the brushed aluminum trim, which is nice.

I agree that the burled walnut finish speaks "Old School", but I think it's a nice node to traditionalism in a car that is otherwise very modern.

I test drove a car that had the black ash trim, and on more than one occasion when the sun hit it just right, it actually looked like it was black plastic with a layer of dust on it! I think if there had been more light/dark color variation in the ash, this would be nice option, too.

The gray/ash interior looks good online, but I'd like to see one in person. I do think that on a computer monitor, the gray seems to show more interior details compared to the black interior.

My current car (a 2004 Audi A4) has a dark red/burgundy exterior and a beige interior, so I think I need to break with the past and get something different for the CLA 250.

·
Registered
433 Posts
In person the black interior allows you to see detail as long as it is no darker than overcast, and none of the buttons are so dark that you can't see them. But it does turn into a black hole at night. Personally I would've preferred the grey ash.

I've yet to see the black ash trim in person.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice chance here to compare white and silver...in German. Watch for the two guys in the back, and try to imagine this as a "5-seater" as the CLA is described in M-B literature. Yeah, right!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know that questions about color combos are totally subjective, but I'm curious to get feedback on the perfect interior color combination for a CLA 250 with a Cirrus White exterior & a Sports Package.

I'm leaning in the direction of getting a MB-TEX black interior with a walnut trim.

I think Beige goes better with a Jupiter Red exterior, and the Beige and Ash show stains more easily. Black gets hotter in the summer, but I live in Seattle so "too much sun" is NEVER a problem.

What's your opinion and why?
I just received my Cirrus White with MBTEX Ash interior. Very airy and elegant. Glad I didn't order the beige, which seems so arbitrary, unrelated to the blacks, whites, chrome, etc. of the rest of the car. Bright open feel with the Ash and the pan roof. All black interior with no sunroof would feel gloomy and tight to me, especially where the sun doesn't shine much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For me there wasn't anything to consider.... It was white/beige. Other color options weren't options. Most colors go well with Beige. Black/Beige... Red/Beige... White/Beige. Just Beige!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts