Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks for the good find. I like how BRABUS focuses on more performance rather than looks here. There are only minor changes to the exterior from what I can see here on the A250. The most apparent being the front diffuser lip and rear diffuser in carbon fiber.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
The plug and play PowerXtra ECU upgrade for the A250 turbocharged motor has just been finished. This now delivers 250hp, which is a decent 40hp increase. sounds exciting if this is going be available for the A250 then more likely it should be available for the CLA as well. It's only a matter of time to see how many people will be interested to get a bit more horsepower for their CLA.

·
Registered
945 Posts
This is why I love Brabus, all about perfection and the details. The leather steering wheel with red stitching along with the rest of the interior makes for a really nice and clean 2 tone interior color scheme that isn't tacky.

Brabus's very own aluminum paddle shifters was a very nice touch. Can't wait to see what they do to the CLA....

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks nice but I actually prefer the AMG recaro seats over these. The milled steel paddle shifters are nice though.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
It looks nice but I actually prefer the AMG recaro seats over these. The milled steel paddle shifters are nice though.
Agreed. I prefer the AMG seats but I do like the Brabus shifter paddles and the steering wheel.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice tune. I wish they had gone with another color, but overall everything looks top notch. Btw, does Brabus offer these packages to regular Mercedes consumers? About how much would it cost?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just depends on which seat is more suitable for the driver. The recaro one seems to have more side and bolster support. But I like the intricate patterns on the seat of this one. The red stitching on the CLA is really nice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice tune. I wish they had gone with another color, but overall everything looks top notch. Btw, does Brabus offer these packages to regular Mercedes consumers? About how much would it cost?
Yup, here is their online website. There is a car configurator there and you can choose which Mercedes model you want to be custom done.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just depends on which seat is more suitable for the driver. The recaro one seems to have more side and bolster support. But I like the intricate patterns on the seat of this one. The red stitching on the CLA is really nice.
I have to agree with the intricate patterns and more intuitive design. Although the bolster support would help for a sporty feel and serve a real purpose if im on a track, it's just going to be my daily so the bolsters won't be serving a real purpose other than keeping me more secure in the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The plug and play PowerXtra ECU upgrade for the A250 turbocharged motor has just been finished. This now delivers 250hp, which is a decent 40hp increase. sounds exciting if this is going be available for the A250 then more likely it should be available for the CLA as well. It's only a matter of time to see how many people will be interested to get a bit more horsepower for their CLA.
Brabus cars usually have a bump in power. If it works for the A250 it should work for the CLA as well.

Going to be exciting. Especially because it is turbo it should not be too hard to get more power out of it. My only concern is that the boost pressure is already so high that if you make it any higher it might cause weakness in the engine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The only down fall from drawing so much horsepower is the reliability afterwards. I think for every vehicle there is a point where when you get to a certain number for horsepower the engine starts to wear itself out for more than it can handle safely.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The only down fall from drawing so much horsepower is the reliability afterwards. I think for every vehicle there is a point where when you get to a certain number for horsepower the engine starts to wear itself out for more than it can handle safely.
a 40HP + increase isn't that much, far from being an amount that will kill reliability. Now if they threw on some massive turbo running at 20PSI and tripling the horsepower, then yes it's going to be unreliable as ever.

usually tuning companies lke Brabus, Hamann, etc tune cars enough so that they are still as practical as they were off the dealership floor when new.

·
Registered
166 Posts
a 40HP + increase isn't that much, far from being an amount that will kill reliability. Now if they threw on some massive turbo running at 20PSI and tripling the horsepower, then yes it's going to be unreliable as ever.

usually tuning companies lke Brabus, Hamann, etc tune cars enough so that they are still as practical as they were off the dealership floor when new.
The thing is that some owners get the mod bug and never end up satisfied with whatever they achieve in terms of horsepower until something gives out. This was a common case for the 335i BMW owners but those 3 series already had problems as it is. I doubt any one will take it to a high extent where the CLA will become unreliable, maybe a few.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
It's all down to how you drive the modified car. For a remap, if you use all the power all of the time, yes it will wear out quicker. Heat is the enemy. BRABUS knows what they're doing - their cars are designed to be thrashed on the Autobahn, harder than any road car in the USA can be driven.

As an example, I know some people with smart cdi diesels that were retuned from 40 to 65 HP and 74 lbs-ft to 100 lbs-ft and despite having only 800 cc of displacement, they have run to 200,000+ miles. Which is just as well, because my own BRABUS-modified diesel smart convertible has that same map.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's all down to how you drive the modified car. For a remap, if you use all the power all of the time, yes it will wear out quicker. Heat is the enemy. BRABUS knows what they're doing - their cars are designed to be thrashed on the Autobahn, harder than any road car in the USA can be driven.

As an example, I know some people with smart cdi diesels that were retuned from 40 to 65 HP and 74 lbs-ft to 100 lbs-ft and despite having only 800 cc of displacement, they have run to 200,000+ miles. Which is just as well, because my own BRABUS-modified diesel smart convertible has that same map.
That is one serious smart car~!

Because the CLA is also turbo I don't think it is impossible to see Brabus come out with a tune for the CLA as well.

BUMP for more power!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts