Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea there was no way Brabus was going to ignore the CLA, especially after what they did with the A-class...

outside Brabus gave the CLA Monoblock rolling stock available in 18 or 19s in 5 different designs. Also a new quad exhaust integrated into the rear diffuser.

Brabus Monoblock R

Brabus Monoblock Q

Brabus Monoblock F

Brabus Monoblock A

Brabus Monoblock S

Handling wise Brabus gave the CLA sport springs calibrated for the production shocks, hi-po tires.

Performance wise Brabus offers the PowerXtra B25 kit for the CLA 250 that bumps horse power up to 245 and torque up to 284 lb-ft. good for 0-100 kmh in 6.3s and a top speed of 250 kmh.

Interior upgrades are made to order and include things like shift paddles, aluminium pedals, re wrapped leather steering wheels, leather wrapped A, B and C pilalrs, floor carpeting in quilted leather. Basically Brabus will lather leather all over the interior of your CLA.. for the right price...

Check out all the details on the Brabus site Brabus - Tuning for Mercedes-Benz

·
Registered
121 Posts
The Monoblock R or Monoblock S rims for the CLA look pretty sick.

So funny that you can get basically everything in leather if you want to. I would probably just stick with some rims and maybe some of the performance upgrades. The interior of the CLA is already pretty nice as it is.

Not so fond of the Monoblock A rims though. They look pretty plain to me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was never a big fan of the brabus wheels but the monoblock type f weave rims are not bad If I really had to pick. wondering now if the exhaust is a full system or just the section. Regardless the quad tips look good.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I USED to think of them a tuner shop, not a dress shop.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I USED to think of them a tuner shop, not a dress shop.
they're still tuning, Brabus gave the CLA 33 more HP... I wonder why they didnt go further actually, AMG proved the little four can be blown no problem... Although i wonder if Mercedes asked Brabus to hold off on blowing the CLA in order to protect CLA45 sales... at least for now?

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Brabus may be able to give the CLA 250 a bit more power, but the AMG block is a different block. When I think of getting an additional 33 hp out of that, I hear the sound of a loud explosion. Or a 5 hour race engine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brabus may be able to give the CLA 250 a bit more power, but the AMG block is a different block. When I think of getting an additional 33 hp out of that, I hear the sound of a loud explosion. Or a 5 hour race engine.
I don't think so... M133 is a derivative of M270 in the CLA...

From Car and Driver:

This long-stroke powerplant is derived directly from the ubiquitous M270/M274 mill that powers several A-, B-, C-, and E-classes. And like those, this powerplant has been engineered with spray-guided direct injection, which uses piezo injectors.

The M133 also receives forged pistons and a forged crankshaft optimized for low rotating inertia and low friction. The cylinder walls are coated with twin-wire arc spray, a technology that was developed by Mercedes-Benz AMG and first used in the M156 6.2-liter V-8, and is known as Nanoslide. Maximum power comes at 6000 rpm, and the powerplant redlines at 6700 rpm; maximum torque, 332 lb-ft, is provided from 2250 to 5000 rpm.
Same, block changed the other bits... Thats whats som impressive about the CLA 45's engine is that already the CLAs M270 put out excellent numbers for a 4 pot, then AMG went and blew our minds with the M133...

·
Registered
166 Posts
they were into the aero parts business for a long time, same with Hamann
it's just that at times a lot of their stuff looks ricey so people tend to stay far away from it

some may call it ricey but in europe they don;t seem to have a problem with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think so... M133 is a derivative of M270 in the CLA...

From Car and Driver:

Same, block changed the other bits... Thats whats som impressive about the CLA 45's engine is that already the CLAs M270 put out excellent numbers for a 4 pot, then AMG went and blew our minds with the M133...
holding, your response addresses the features of the AMG 45 version, but vcracer was referring to the CLA 250 engine. Two very different applications. AMG version has stronger block, forged internals, etc. Regular 250 engine has none of those.

·
Registered
945 Posts
some may call it ricey but in europe they don;t seem to have a problem with it.
That's what I noticed, people in Europe seem like more "loud" designs and features on a car. I just prefer cleaner and more OEM-like designs and features if you know what I mean.

more interested in the performance upgrade. those rims are way too huge.
They are indeed, being brabus i expected something that didn't take away from performance but that still looked relatively good.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
holding, your response addresses the features of the AMG 45 version, but vcracer was referring to the CLA 250 engine. Two very different applications. AMG version has stronger block, forged internals, etc. Regular 250 engine has none of those.
The Brabus package isn't adding any more mechanical stress to the CLA 250s M270, its an ECU upgrade. Likely changing throttle maps and other assorted software. Mercedes designed the software, as do most makers, to maximize fuel efficiency, Brabus just strips those away...

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I don't think they can get that much more power without increasing boost pressure - which does put more stress on the mechanics of the engine.

That is where the concern would be - durability of running the engine beyond what Mercedes designed or sold it with.

But we won't know until we see one blow up - or not.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If I was to get anything it would just be the powerxtra kit for the horsepower gain. the interior upgrades don't look too bad though but more cosmetic options than performance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts