Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really excited about the CLA release and I am thinking of getting it on release. But my practical side is telling me to wait until the second year. I often hear first run vehicles have a high chance of defects. And with waiting, customers would get a more accurate appraisal of the CLA once the initial excitement calms down.

What do you guys plan to do? Buy early or wait for the second year to buy a CLA?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
There usually are first year vehicles but at the same time there is also the warranty. Plus being the first is just awesome.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Any brand new first year production car will have problems so you chances are that you will have to deal with problems quite often, being a patient person really helps causes sometimes the fixes won't happen over night, they'll have to call in engineers.

At least you can try requesting mercedes loaner cars while yours is in for repairs.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That isn't always the case with brand new cars but yes they are prone to more issues than more established vehicles in their later generation. we will have to see how the CLA does. although this is Mercedes entry level compact i don't think they should cheap out on it. The CLA could possibly be the best selling car for them.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
There usually are first year vehicles but at the same time there is also the warranty. Plus being the first is just awesome.
Exactly! Warranty will be our insurance if anything was to go wrong. the best creation ever to protect owners from pieces of junk. Hopefully the CLA won't be needing any special treatment.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I'm not going to pre-order. I will wait until I get to see it in person and test drive it before I buy one.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Unless that preorder is refundable :)

By the time you wait and test drive one the waiting list will be long.
This is just me but I don't need to be the first on my block to get it. I try not to let my ego get the best of my common sense. I don't believe in blind faith. Got burned before and I try not to make the same mistake twice.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
No problem with that. Always smart to sit it out. I was just saying that some dealers will let you put a deposit to hold your place. You make the decision when you test drive the car. IF you don't like it. You get a full refund. You have nothing to loose.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i pre ordered

reading all the reviews - I pre ordered i am running with it. I think the car is going to be amazing. I dont think they will allow an amg to roll out crappy. I beleive in the AMG name and Quality

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would hold off on the first year as well. I want to see how the 2series turns out for BMW. And I've also been hearing some good things about the Audi A3.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I'm pretty confident that the car will be great and I will probably end up getting it anyway. But as I said before I don't need to be the first on the block to get it, especially not at the expense of throwing everything I believe in out the window. Also, there are no less than half a dozen MB dealers in my area. I plan to visit all of them if needed to get the best price I can. By leaving a deposit kind of takes my buyers advantage away by sticking with just one dealer and I'm not interested in leaving a deposit at every dealer then have to deal with the hassle of getting them back from the dealers I didn't buy a car from.

Reactions: BenzFan

·
Registered
945 Posts
I'm pretty confident that the car will be great and I will probably end up getting it anyway. But as I said before I don't need to be the first on the block to get it, especially not at the expense of throwing everything I believe in out the window. Also, there are no less than half a dozen MB dealers in my area. I plan to visit all of them if needed to get the best price I can. By leaving a deposit kind of takes my buyers advantage away by sticking with just one dealer and I'm not interested in leaving a deposit at every dealer then have to deal with the hassle of getting them back from the dealers I didn't buy a car from.
Same here, really confident that the CLA will be good, meet my expectations and won't be something I wish I had held off on buying. They did an awesome job with the A-Class, B-Class, C-Class.... so can't see why another compact can't be as good or better.

GL on getting the best price you can, maybe you can create a thread on the prices you get along with the dealerships that gave you those prices.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
GL on getting the best price you can, maybe you can create a thread on the prices you get along with the dealerships that gave you those prices.
I just might do that. I might find that all dealers offer around the same price but at least I know I've tried and won't be second guessing myself.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would hold off on the first year as well. I want to see how the 2series turns out for BMW. And I've also been hearing some good things about the Audi A3.
Why not just lease it instead of waiting. So that way you can;t still experience the car but have no commitment if it turns out bad in keeping the CLA. I don't think it will be that bad. It might have a couple of minors issues here and there like first gen cars would but nothing a warranty can't cover.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't buy first generation cars either. The second run is always better because car companies are able to fix most problems from customer feedback. And are also able to add more features. For example the recent ILX saw a lot of features added in its second year production.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Unless the first few months production is perfect, the second half year will be better. Second model year will have at least minor upgrades. That said, I have preordered, and am #6 in line.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Unless the first few months production is perfect, the second half year will be better. Second model year will have at least minor upgrades. That said, I have preordered, and am #6 in line.
Did you already negotiate a price?

·
Registered
1 Posts
could go either way

Well I dont think many agree but my first generation W203 coupe is definitely the one to have! I doubt they will replace the motor for the second generation CLA like they did for 2003 C230's but who knows? could go either way...

I'll put down a deposit cuz it couldn't hurt to get in line but "good things come to those who wait" and I know I can wait six months for the first updated CLA's to hit the lots

p.s. My dilemma would be whether or not to shell out the extra dough for 350+ hp and all wheel drive!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well I dont think many agree but my first generation W203 coupe is definitely the one to have! I doubt they will replace the motor for the second generation CLA like they did for 2003 C230's but who knows? could go either way...

I'll put down a deposit cuz it couldn't hurt to get in line but "good things come to those who wait" and I know I can wait six months for the first updated CLA's to hit the lots

p.s. My dilemma would be whether or not to shell out the extra dough for 350+ hp and all wheel drive!
I don't have 50k to spend on the AMG version, so I'll most certainly get the 250 CLA instead. But spending an extra 2k for the 4Matic version is definitely worth it.

Putting a deposit down would be a safe bet, considering how popular the CLA will most likely be. I remember when the BRZ first came out, those who didn't preorder months before release had to wait a long time to get their cars.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts