Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In germany the 6 disc CD changer option comes with steering wheel mounted keypad for calling.

Do you think it will be available in North America? How many people here use the keypad on their steering wheels for calling?

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Im not to fond of the idea of a key pad on the steering wheel, I would of imagines that using the phone in the Mercedes CLA would involve Voice and speech Recognition to call. How many others on here think its a good idea?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
In germany the 6 disc CD changer option comes with steering wheel mounted keypad for calling.

Do you think it will be available in North America? How many people here use the keypad on their steering wheels for calling?

I think it's far better to have steering wheel mounted controls to start and end calls and the actual talking and number selection done through voice recognition. Less buttons for the driver to focus on which usually results in safer driving.

plus it clean up the steering wheel, rid of any buttons we can live without.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Our Ford Fiesta came with a voice-activated bluetooth phone and it's all very well and good but hardly worth more than about $30. Also, talking on a hands-free phone while driving is nearly as risky as holding a handset and driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i also think it is not a good idea. if i need make a call when driving,i will make a freehand call through BT in the car radio .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts