Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carlsson has created a tuning package for the Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG that upgrades its horsepower to an impressive 450, up from 360. Carlsson took out the original ECU and replaced it with the Carlsson C-Tronic CB Plug & Drive module.

There are also tuning packages available for the other CLA engines. The CLA 200 can be upgraded from 156 hp to 187 hp, and the CLA 250 can be upgraded from 211 hp to 253 hp.

Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
166 Posts
450 hp CLA 45 AMG?! damn that is just shy of 500hp. Now this is going to change things up. I can see people want the AMG model even more now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't see how they would get an extra 90hp out of that engine without bumping up the boost number as well as modify the engine itself

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure how they do it, but I want to drive it regardless. I am more interested in how much they charge for stuff like this. I would guess it is not a cheap purchase.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Verrrry interesting. My present order is for the CLA450, but the 250 hp might make the CLA250 drivable. (Whoops, just thought that 4 wheel drive would have to be added too)

Any guesses based on past history what price ball parks we are talking about?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Definitely need more info. I'd imagine the increase in power for the CLA 45 AMG would cause problems due to the extreme boost pressures.

The CLA 250 upgrade sounds awesome.

·
Registered
257 Posts
the engine will need some reinforcing with that kind of power output. It would be nice if you could choose a different tuning map to have the 450 on call. but not all the time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Definitely need more info. I'd imagine the increase in power for the CLA 45 AMG would cause problems due to the extreme boost pressures.

The CLA 250 upgrade sounds awesome.
I like the CLA 250 tuning package upgrade too just enough power to get around.

·
Registered
945 Posts
what's with these european tuning brands that put on the ugliest wheels they can find on a car? im sure this wheel design would look good on another car but not the CLA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts