Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Starbucks this morning near my house and saw a bunch of cars (Euro, MOPAR, Vintage, etc.) parked in the parking lot. As I walked in I asked a guy in front of me in the line if this was some sort of event that was happening and he said "No, its a car meet up. Got a ride you want to show off, bring it here on sundays." I smile and looked outside and thought, "Well, its no Porsche 911 Turbo, or a SLS AMG GT, or a Austin Martin, so maybe I can just have a look around." As I left Starbucks, I was surprised with the amount of people that were looking at my vehicle. A lot were interested in it, but also to see for themselves what the new CLA was all about. I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear as I discussed the awesome feature of the car and the price I paid for it. So much so, I forgot that I was only sporting sweat pants and an old sweater. There were many that were didn't like the way it looked on the Mercedes Benz website, but loved it in person. I let them see her from inside out. I enjoyed every second of it. Before I had left I was told by one couple that they are going out to test drive one because it looked clean and were impressed with all the details. Finally, the owner of the SLS AMG GT came up and asked if I could bring my CLA 250 to show off to the Mercedes Group in Great Falls, VA.

I wanted to share this experience cause I didn't think that it would attract so much attention, especially since it was parked smack dab in between a Ferrari and a C63 AMG.

P.S. Due to my excitement, I was unable to take pictures of the cars in the lot, but I will definitely do it next time I go!

Also, if your interested in this and your in my area, visit this The Northern Virginia Sports Car Club (Centreville, VA) - Meetup to find out where other meets up will be or when they will be happening. Also, if you see me, don't be a stranger and park yourself next to mine!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sounds like you were at the right place at the right time. Now you should ask for ride along with the other cars like the SLS AMG GT ;)

Post some pictures if you get a chance. I would love to see how the scene is over in your neck of the woods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts