Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the car Monday evening and the wife has already got the front collision avoidance warning twice. She tends to close on stopped cars in front of her a little quickly (scares the $h1t out of me at times).
This little feature may just change her for good, which is good!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Got the car Monday evening and the wife has already got the front collision avoidance warning twice. She tends to close on stopped cars in front of her a little quickly (scares the $h1t out of me at times).
The collision avoidance is standard, right? Not an option?

·
Registered
91 Posts
chief, here is a message for you in regards to changing your wifes driving styles. are you kidding me???? fuggetaboutit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
doc fred

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've been trying to get my wife to change her spending habits for 12 years, without luck. Oh wait, you said driving habits. :D

That's great to hear, good testimonial.. but does she like it, or does she feel like the car is not letting her drive her natural way / does she feel schooled by it?

Joe

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
If I know the CLA would change my wife's driving habits (for the good) the I would buy her one in a heartbeat but I know that won't happen. She can kill a set of brakes faster than a NASCAR driver.

Reactions: Cedes

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. The collision avoidance warning is standard.
2. She likes the warning.
3. I like the warning since it keeps her from drifting off and whacking someone. LOL

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
3. I like the warning since it keeps her from drifting off and whacking someone. LOL
My wife could have used it a little while ago when she tapped the person in front of her... twice.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think a lot of us can be guilty from drifting off, surprisingly a lot of people drive while really tired and it ends quite deadly. I've been lucky to have my car bump off of the guardrail without much damage

1 - 9 of 9 Posts