Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Check Engine Light came on after transmission fluid/differential fluid change

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cxu0421a 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I took my 2014 CLA250 last week to change transmission fluid and differential fluid as maintenance service at 100k milage, but afterward the Check Engine Light came on with code P013504 : the heater for oxygen sensor 1 (cylinder bank 1) has an electrical fault. there is an internal fault. : current and stored
after that I took my car in again to replace the new oxygen sensor, but the light is came on even with new sensor.
has anyone else have any insight into this issue? The repair people said it might be the ECU but they are not sure. Everything runs fine with the car, I don't feel it runs differently even the mpg is the same. Any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Hi everyone,
I took my 2014 CLA250 last week to change transmission fluid and differential fluid as maintenance service at 100k milage, but afterward the Check Engine Light came on with code P013504 : the heater for oxygen sensor 1 (cylinder bank 1) has an electrical fault. there is an internal fault. : current and stored
after that I took my car in again to replace the new oxygen sensor, but the light is came on even with new sensor.
has anyone else have any insight into this issue? The repair people said it might be the ECU but they are not sure. Everything runs fine with the car, I don't feel it runs differently even the mpg is the same. Any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.
Just clear the code and see if it comes back.

#3 ·
I can't clear it with my OBD II scanner, it always comes back, I took it to the dealership and they determined that it is the ECM sending the wrong voltage. I now am getting a P0003 code also. They said they need to replace the ECM for $1k but I think that might be overkill so I didn't do it. I am also noticing that the eco start/stop doesn't turn off engine on stop anymore which says to me might be a battery issue. Anyone else have any insights?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.