Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
That power coming from a 2.0 Four cylinder is amazing to me. I just wonder what that power distribution was like to the front and rear wheels while on the dyno.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts

Now that is how you make a 4 cylinder. The article poses a good question : how much more room are they leaving for tuners?

They pushed it pretty far for a production 4 cylinder turbo.

Of course I've seen 800whp 2.0L 4 cylinders before but I wouldn't exactly say it's a great idea on a production car.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Renntech doing the best to bring out the most horsepower from this engine. these crank numbers are impressive but for me looking at a force inducted engine it was expected. The torque numbers are really high.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I wonder what stage this is from Renntech if this is the farthest they can take this motor or somewhere in the middle.
The stage is - - Stock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It should be possible to up the power, but I highly doubt it will be done by simply increasing boost. With the obvious aside, there's still exhaust, intake, maybe turbo swap... Anyone have any idea how deeply integrated the turbo is into the m133?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Going to be exciting to see if it's possible to get any more power out of the car.
German cars are famous for having hidden power you can "unlock" but, coming from a four cylinder engine I have a belief that the engine is already pushing out quite a bit for what it is.

We'll just have to see when people start working on them

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
It should be possible to up the power, but I highly doubt it will be done by simply increasing boost. With the obvious aside, there's still exhaust, intake, maybe turbo swap... Anyone have any idea how deeply integrated the turbo is into the m133?
I'd assume the intake and exhaust would make a noticable difference if upgraded + tuned.

There is a photo of the m133 in the bare floating around somewhere.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Guys, the output of the engine depends on fuel, temperature, but most of all what type of dyno was used. I am pretty sure that if you dynoed the same car using a MAHA LPS 3000 dyno then the result would be much more different and closer to factory claims. I doubt the car makes more than 370 crank IMHO. And of course there is always room left for tuning. The factory never pushes the cars to their limits. I say 400hp crank is the limit with a good software. Then you need to add an exhaust to get let's say 20 hp more. But we'll see. A 100-200km/h or 60-130mph with a P-box would certainly reveal what this car can do. Dynos are good to show you before and after differences. Stick to the differences in power rather than the numbers when tuning ;)
Just my 0.2

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I agree 100 percent. I don't think anyone here is comparing numbers. Its just good to see power and torque curves. How much power is possible is something we have to wait and see. In terms of increasing boost pressure I'm not sure if there is much more room. Upgrading the turbo could be one way of increasing power. If the block and internals are well made I don't see why 800whp wouldn't be possible. Its been done with 2.0L before. Id imagine the transmission would die though. So would the driveshafts and clutch :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts