Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my new MB CLA 200 the check engine light was on after 720 km. What could have happened?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
In my new MB CLA 200 the check engine light was on after 720 km. What could have happened?
It could be something as simple as the fuel cap not screwed on tight enough. If you have a code reader then plug in into the OBDII port and see the error code. If not then bring it into the dealer and find out for sure. If it is still under warranty then it shouldn't cost you anything but a little bit of time. If your dealer's service area is as nice as the dealers here it will be a very comfortable time spent.

·
Registered
945 Posts
What Tonyride said. But instead of trying to go about fixing it yourself, I would advise you take it to the dealership, it is after all a new car with warranty on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I gave the car to a dealer for a checkup, unfortunately they were out of line to make the diagnosis. They gave me a car to go back to my city (Santiago, Chile), 700 km away.I'm worried, could it be that the car has a manufacturing defect?

·
Registered
945 Posts
I gave the car to a dealer for a checkup, unfortunately they were out of line to make the diagnosis. They gave me a car to go back to my city (Santiago, Chile), 700 km away.I'm worried, could it be that the car has a manufacturing defect?
As much as i would hate to say it, it's possible that it was a manufacture defect, all part of being an early adopter. But as long as you keep bugging them to do something about it, and have the patient when needed (e.x. waiting for engineers to complete their investigation and come up with a solution), you'll be fine!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The explanation of the technical service of Mercedes Benz dealer was that had failed a sensor linked to the camshaft. They offered me to extend the warranty for 1 additional year, which I declined and requested a change of car.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow, that's crazy.. so early on .. I wonder if this will be a common occurrence

OMCR did they give you any kind of service bulletin or similar that you could share with us?

Lisa

·
Registered
507 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't believe! In the replacement CLA 200, with 920 km, the same problem occurs again.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Not good at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Diagnosis: "Position sensor camshaft failure". Again?
Twice in a row in two new cars (CLA 200) does not seem to be a coincidence.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I hope the CLA250 uses a different part.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is totally unacceptable. Throw the car back to their faces!
I have ordered a CLA 200, should I cancel my order??????????????

·
Registered
238 Posts
This is totally unacceptable. Throw the car back to their faces!
I have ordered a CLA 200, should I cancel my order??????????????
It is unacceptable and a shame that a new Mercedes would have this problem but given that the CLA is brand new at least it is a small problem. I am sure when you pick it up you can mention it the dealer and have them follow up with the issue and have it covered under warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The story continues. I have decided, after meetings with dealer expert engineers and business executives, return CLA 200.
I try to switch to Mercedes-Benz E series with 274 engine.
This is becoming a nightmare. I note with concern that the repair to the affected client is not a priority.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The story continues. I have decided, after meetings with dealer expert engineers and business executives, return CLA 200.
I try to switch to Mercedes-Benz E series with 274 engine.
This is becoming a nightmare. I note with concern that the repair to the affected client is not a priority.
Can't you get a full refund and buy an audi or BMW?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 37 Posts