Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my CLA 45 about a month ago and just noticed that only two of the three buttons on the side of the performance seats actually move. The third one is static. Specifically, I am referring to the button for functions 5 and 6 as per the owner's manual. When I went to the dealer I was informed that it was a "dummy" or extra button with no functionality in this AMG model. When I showed them the owner's manual they said that the information was probably copied from another AMG model car with performance seats that actually have the three-button system. So basically the question is whether MB put another models' three-button casing on the CLA 45 rather than a casing for a two-button system or am I getting the runaround from the dealer?

·
Registered
221 Posts
dont have a 45 AMG but maybe some other owners can chime in here

the seats get put in from the factory so i wouldnt think you are getting the run around

·
Registered
21 Posts
Aren't there two seat options on the CLA45? Might be there for the other option. I know on the CLA250 the headrest adjustment is there but is actually just a blank as the seats have no adjustable headrest.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
"One size fits all". i.e. they make one housing, and put in as many buttons as will function. You paid for, AND GOT, an economy car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well for some reason the owner's manual posted on the mbusa website actually describes the functionality of the 3-button system while my hard copy describes it as a 2-button system and the third button is there for show (or lack thereof). I'm not sure why there is a difference in versions of the owner's manual since I'm in the US. I am following up on this with MBUSA directly. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts