Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mercedes-Benz will debut the CLA 45 AMG Racing Series Concept at the Frankfurt motor Show next week. The brand will also be introducing a new entry-level customer racing league.

The bad news is that we have no details on specs for the vehicle yet. The good news is that we will once the car debuts next week.

Along with the CLA 45 AMG Racing Series Concept, Mercedes-Benz will also debut the CLA 250 Sport.

Check out these sick pictures!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Interesting, I wonder if the CLA 45 AMG Racing Series cars will be RWD or if they will get any additional performance benefits. Obviously the CLA RS will be much lighter than your typical CLA 250...

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
The spoiler is a bit much for me but luckily for the rest of the car it fits in. I would be in to see some videos of ti starting up and doing some laps.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spoiler is a bit of overkill. I bet that spoiler actually does some good for the performance of the car as opposed to many spoilers which are just for show.

Other favorite part is the graphics package that suits the CLA nicely.

It's cool to see the aggressive body kit too.

Never driven a race car in real life, so that is why seeing these pics makes me want to race it in Gran Turismo instead. Does that make me a bad car fan?

·
Registered
313 Posts
its a race car. a spoiler is never overkill on a race car.
and on race cars they have the added benefit of being functional!

MY CIVIC BROOO

On another note i was doing some research into the CLA race program and it turns out MB hasnt decided if the CLAs will be FWD or AWD. AWD i imagine would have alot of power suck, but I also cant imagine a customer racing series with FWD cars, they arent exactly a party for high speed cornering, and you cant have a whole fleet of race cars Scandinavian Flicking... or can you?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
FWD race cars? Not going to be competing in very many competitions. It'll be a bunch of Ford Focuses and Honda Civics.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
FWD race cars? Not going to be competing in very many competitions. It'll be a bunch of Ford Focuses and Honda Civics.
Did you forget the AMG is a 4MATIC?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts