Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Nick Dasko

I am a subtle man with subtle tastes, also I drive over lousy city streets that eat body kits for lunch so while the body kit for the CLA made by AMG tickles my fancy very nicely, the fact is, it isn't for everyone. Different strokes for different folks and thankfully the market has responded to demand with a handful of body kits already out on the market to make your CLA really stand out.

Brabus of course has to offer a body-kit for the CLA but being Brabus, it is still a bit middle of the road. The defining
feature is a revised front fascia that makes things a bit more aggressive looking than the AMG body kit but because this is Brabus, they still have to appeal to their traditional clientele and cannot be at the bleeding edge of new trends in custom design. That role is left up to smaller companies that can get really out there while not worrying about turning off repeat customers which Brabus has in folds. The Brabus buyers come in for modifications on their AMG crossovers to take honor-roll students to lacrosse practice and to lessons in a language that will apparently be highly in demand in tomorrow's global economy.

For the rest of us who just want a car that looks awesome and hopefully doesn't have a nearby doppleganger, there is Revozport.

These guys actually had the guts to put a splitter on their CLA body kit and while it may scrape, it transforms the look for the car into something that actually sees track time. I am completely unsure of how effective this is aerodynamically but to the enthusiast who is putting this on a base CLA, and hardparking, this seems like a pretty slick choice.

But this is still conservative compared to some other body kits. Loewenstein out of Germany, have gone for a design that is really set off by a lowered stance. (No that was not a pun.)

Their rear-diffuser is also massively different from that of the competition but seems to come off a bit-boy racer, it is too far gone and instead of looking like something meant for cutting seconds off of lap times, it looks like what that part should be packaged in for shipping. Real track-tuned parts should look like they are light but strong, this just looks cheap and flimsy; not characteristics you want in something that is supposed to improve how your car corners.

Piecha actually gets this move right by giving the CLA a rear diffuser that isn't as racey looking as the Loewenstein, but it actually looks like it can stand up to the duties of active-aerodynamics. When you get a kit this serious looking, it should also look like it can do its job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What is the recent news? Will the release still happen or will it be postponed? I am from India https://populationstat.com/india/ and I wonder if I will be able to watch it from here. I believe I will be able to watch it online, what do you think? I would also like to know the channel where I can watch it and the approximate cost. Thanks for your hints.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts