Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spy photos of BMW's upcoming 2 series has been revealed through spy photos. What do you guys think? I'm actually really liking the look of it. Mercedes is going to have some tough competition when all these cars are out on the market.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The 235i is looking pretty good. Much bigger than I expected. It should be a good competition between Mercedes, BMW, and Audi with the A3 when they all come out on the market. The CLA should have the advantage being released first.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Looks like it will be a tough fight for the Mercedes CLA not sure about how the Audi A3 sedan but it better come out looking good or else it will be at the bottom. Not word on the A3 sedan yet not even a render. I have faith that the CLA will come out on top though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Tough call guys but from the specs on the BMW 2 series trim that would be equivalent to the CLA 250 the 2 series will be more expensive and slower. The more interesting battle to see is the CLA 45 AMG against the BMW M2.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Tough call guys but from the specs on the BMW 2 series trim that would be equivalent to the CLA 250 the 2 series will be more expensive and slower. The more interesting battle to see is the CLA 45 AMG against the BMW M2.
Yeah for sure. Both are turbo monsters except I think the M2 will have a twin turbo inline six and the CLA 45 AMG will have a four cylinder turbo. I think both have around the same horspower output. But the M2 since it's a inline 6 it has potential to make more power where the CLA might be topped out.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
That is a two door coupe. Are we sure this isn't the redesigned 1 series?
well the 2 series was suppose to replace the 1 series which has tuned in to a hatch. Not sure if it is a redesigned 1 series but the 2 series does look different, better in my opinion.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The 235i is looking pretty good. Much bigger than I expected. It should be a good competition between Mercedes, BMW, and Audi with the A3 when they all come out on the market. The CLA should have the advantage being released first.
Funny you say that because it does look bigger than the usually 1 series size that it replaced. Does any one know the measurements or dimensions of the 2 series?

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
No luck on the measurements unless some body knows or has a source. It might just be the angle of the shot really. But it does need a comparison shot with the elder 1 series.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Not sure how reliable the source is
The new BMW 2 Series Coupe will come as a replacement for the old 1 Series Coupe model. It will be offered with same engine lineup as the 1 Series hatchback, which includes: a 1.6-liter TwinPower turbocharged four-cylinder petrol unit with 170 horsepower and a revised 2.0-liter engine with an output of about 181 horsepower. There will also be an M2 variant with a 3.0-liter straight-six-cylinder turbo petrol engine that will deliver up to 350 horsepower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts