Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read on a few sites that there are rumors of Mercedes Benz releasing a CLA convertible at some point. Does any one know if this is true? If it is true, does anyone have an idea of when it would be on market?

I would hate to buy the CLA and then see that the convertible is released a short time after. I would have so much regret.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
It is a possibility, just look at the new bmw 2 series they will be having a convertible. Both of them are competing in the same category. If anything Mercedes is losing out because they are missing a convertible in that line up to go against BMW with.

·
Registered
238 Posts
In some ways I only see it would work if the CLA was to come in a coupe form. For a sedan of this size If any consumers were looking for a four door convertible the C Class is already there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Convertible compact? Why not but then it all depends on the price. It wouldn't be cheap and affordable anymore. Th way I see it is the CLA was made for a reason and that was to be attainable for the younger crowd. Now, how practical would it be with a convertible top?

·
Registered
54 Posts
A great way to to see if there is a demand for a entry level compact convertible is look at the sales of the previous 1 series.

I wouldn't be looking in to getting one but it would be cool to see. Good for Mercedes to have another variant in their line up for the battle.

Waiting for the rendering to happen now :D

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
A 4-door convertable? I doubt it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Does everything need to be a convertible? If Mercedez was going to make a convertible, it would still be a ways away. They haven't even launched the regular CLA yet. No one really needs a convertible in Canada anyway. maybe you southerners can make better use of it.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I don't get why everyone loves convertibles in the first place. Was never a fan. But the market is out there because I do see people getting them..

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't get why everyone loves convertibles in the first place. Was never a fan. But the market is out there because I do see people getting them..
I think that once one manufacturers decided to release a convertible version, every other has to follow suit. If they don't, they will lose out on people who are looking for a convertible, and that is bad for profits :(

If everyone else was jumping off bridges, you would do that too, wouldn't you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts