Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this info about the CLA's environmental certificate. The CLA gets 6.2-4.2L/100km, or 38-56mpg. That is a pretty good score, though I am always skeptical of the numbers that the company itself says about its fuel efficiency. CO2 emissions come in at 144-109g/km. This is on par with the A-Class. The drag area of the CLA is 0.51m-squared, which leads the field. This number has a large effect on the car's overall fuel efficiency. That drag area drops even lower on the CLA 180 BlueEFFICIENCY Edition to 0.22m-squared, and on the 4-door coupe to 0.49m-squared.

Chief Environmental Officer Herbert Kohler says, "Driving pleasure and efficiency need not be mutually exclusive."

These are pretty good numbers all in all. I am most curious to see if they hold up once all the reviews start coming in.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Found this info about the CLA's environmental certificate. The CLA gets 6.2-4.2L/100km, or 38-56mpg. That is a pretty good score, though I am always skeptical of the numbers that the company itself says about its fuel efficiency. CO2 emissions come in at 144-109g/km. This is on par with the A-Class. The drag area of the CLA is 0.51m-squared, which leads the field. This number has a large effect on the car's overall fuel efficiency. That drag area drops even lower on the CLA 180 BlueEFFICIENCY Edition to 0.22m-squared, and on the 4-door coupe to 0.49m-squared.

Chief Environmental Officer Herbert Kohler says, "Driving pleasure and efficiency need not be mutually exclusive."

These are pretty good numbers all in all. I am most curious to see if they hold up once all the reviews start coming in.
I think that often times companies' measurement of their cars fuel economy are generous because they assume you will be driving the cars in ideal conditions. Doing the speed limit, accelerating smoothly,etc... That and they probably publish the best possible result that they can find in their numbers. It's best to look at a lot of different sources for fuel efficiency and then take an average, kinda like RottenTomatoes for cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts