Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I'm researching the 2014 CLA, the ground clearance of 3.9inch got me a little worried. Is that high enough for city driving? Would upgrading to a bigger wheel like 18" help raising the ground clearance?

I have never owned a Mercedes before so forgive my ignorance here. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Sean

·
Registered
945 Posts
For daily driving the ride ground clearance is good for just about most roads, where do you live?

Upgrading to bigger wheels will help with ground clearance and even result in wheels that fit more flush with the body.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you were drag racing, then yes, but I think you would get a little better handling with 18" and low profile tires. CLA has stiff suspension already, with 18" you would feel your clown molding move when you go over the bump. I know because that's what I have on my CLA.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi friends,

I'm researching the 2014 CLA, the ground clearance of 3.9inch got me a little worried. Is that high enough for city driving? Would upgrading to a bigger wheel like 18" help raising the ground clearance?

I have never owned a Mercedes before so forgive my ignorance here. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Sean
That is plenty of clearance to get around with, should be too worried about it. I'd reccomend to drive until the springs sag a bit before you make any considerations of change. How long have you had the CLA for now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts