Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone order the illuminated grill on the CLA? It was pretty prominent on the CLA advertising i saw during the Tour Championship this weekend.

its a $400 option that i could see selling very well if certain types of people buy the CLA like i fear...

·
Registered
945 Posts
I always like the illuminated grille, need to see it in person thought. This is something Mercedes should take to auto shows to show people if they haven't distributed them to dealerships as yet

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Hmm do you have any pictures of the girlle illumitnaed and fitted? I can picture it in my head but need an image.

and how much do they go for?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The illuminated grill is enhanced on the TV ads, it is not near as bright, and for the short term, will turn off after 30 seconds. It is a LEGAL issue that will be fixed, but the first stars will turn off after initial illumination, in other words, they don't stay lit while driving.

·
Registered
109 Posts
In some pictures the illuminated grille looks great and in others it looks pretty gimmicky and really cheapens the look of the CLA. I think that it might look a lot better on TV and in commercials than it does on the road.

Take a look for yourself.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I remember seeing some real life photos of it on another forum.

Decided they looked a bit too gaudy on a car like this. They might work better on a E or S-Class

·
Registered
507 Posts
Don't think I'd ever spend on this.. you can aftermarket some led's (and get more brightness) if you really want it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's a little kitschy but I think fun (and appropriate for what the CLA is relative to other Mercedes variants). Just don't take it too seriously.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks cool, but for $400???!
Residualize it into your lease (if that's how you got the car) and you only pay $132 (or $3.67 a month, or $0.12 daily). =)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am definite there will be some aftermarket kits all over eBay in a few months.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
So it just lights up when you are stopped? That makes it even more ridiculous.

I think the illuminated star is just weird. I agree with whoever said before that you can't take it seriously. Its hard to not take something seriously when it costs $400.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no its only when you unlock/startup... But i bet theres going to be an aftermarket kit to keep the star blazing while driving ;) which would be ridiculous!

·
Registered
945 Posts
no its only when you unlock/startup... But i bet theres going to be an aftermarket kit to keep the star blazing while driving ;) which would be ridiculous!
That would be sweet, even some aftermarket kit to have it change colors :D ricers will be happy.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I haven't had a chance to drive my CLA yet but I was told the star stays on. I will try to get confirmation.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I haven't had a chance to drive my CLA yet but I was told the star stays on. I will try to get confirmation.
You were told wrong. It doesn't stay on and certainly not when the engine is on.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts