Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone order the illuminated grill on the CLA? It was pretty prominent on the CLA advertising i saw during the Tour Championship this weekend.

its a $400 option that i could see selling very well if certain types of people buy the CLA like i fear...

·
Registered
2 Posts
The illuminated grill is enhanced on the TV ads, it is not near as bright, and for the short term, will turn off after 30 seconds. It is a LEGAL issue that will be fixed, but the first stars will turn off after initial illumination, in other words, they don't stay lit while driving.

·
Registered
110 Posts
In some pictures the illuminated grille looks great and in others it looks pretty gimmicky and really cheapens the look of the CLA. I think that it might look a lot better on TV and in commercials than it does on the road.

Take a look for yourself.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Don't think I'd ever spend on this.. you can aftermarket some led's (and get more brightness) if you really want it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It's a little kitschy but I think fun (and appropriate for what the CLA is relative to other Mercedes variants). Just don't take it too seriously.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks cool, but for $400???!
Residualize it into your lease (if that's how you got the car) and you only pay $132 (or $3.67 a month, or $0.12 daily). =)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am definite there will be some aftermarket kits all over eBay in a few months.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
So it just lights up when you are stopped? That makes it even more ridiculous.

I think the illuminated star is just weird. I agree with whoever said before that you can't take it seriously. Its hard to not take something seriously when it costs $400.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I haven't had a chance to drive my CLA yet but I was told the star stays on. I will try to get confirmation.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I haven't had a chance to drive my CLA yet but I was told the star stays on. I will try to get confirmation.
You were told wrong. It doesn't stay on and certainly not when the engine is on.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.