Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now for the most important part of the vehicle, you better love your interior because its the most seen part of you vehicle, from your eyes at least. The CLA brings a quality to the entry level luxury game that I'm not sure the Verano and ILX can match....

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Verano:

The Veranos interior is put together nicely despite being a GM vehicle. The Verano has borrowed heavily from its older brothers LaCrosse and Regal. P.S the Verano Turbo is actually faster than the Regal GS...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ILX:

The ILX is a Honda product and you can tell. The Interior is uninspiring and rather bland for a luxury vehicle. The black plastic dash looks awful with the pseudo tan buckets...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CLA:

As Expected the CLA is dressed far nicer on the interior than its two competitors. The Leather looks butter soft, the center stack gleams and there are buckets all the way around, even in the rear. My one complaint is the glued on look of the nav screen. MY favourite part has to be the retro looking gauges...

·
Registered
77 Posts
We dont get those 2 cars in europe I think...but CLA is a no brainer for me...the ILX and VERANO look like typical honda/toyota's...(and ILX is kind of ugly...!)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We dont get those 2 cars in europe I think...but CLA is a no brainer for me...the ILX and VERANO look like typical honda/toyota's...(and ILX is kind of ugly...!)
The ILX is by far the ugliest. You get the Verano in Europe but as Opels Astra.

Besides you get the OPC which will blow the doors of a CLA

·
Registered
121 Posts
interior of the Verrano is acceptable, but the CLA interior is the nicest. I am, as you put it, "uninspired" by the ILX interior. It's nice that the nav screen is better integrated into the interior design of the Verrano. It has always bugged me the way that Mercedes designs its nav screens. Just kinda stuck on the dash.

·
Registered
79 Posts
interior of the Verrano is acceptable, but the CLA interior is the nicest. I am, as you put it, "uninspired" by the ILX interior. It's nice that the nav screen is better integrated into the interior design of the Verrano. It has always bugged me the way that Mercedes designs its nav screens. Just kinda stuck on the dash.
but what we have to consider when looking at these interiors is that on the CLA all of those features were falling in love with are charge options. Butter soft leather, charged. Nav screen, charged. Heated seats, charged....

The Verano and ILX include those...

So realistically at $30K you get ugly cloth buckers, cold seats and no nav... now for $40k thats a different story..

·
Registered
121 Posts
but what we have to consider when looking at these interiors is that on the CLA all of those features were falling in love with are charge options. Butter soft leather, charged. Nav screen, charged. Heated seats, charged....

The Verano and ILX include those...

So realistically at $30K you get ugly cloth buckers, cold seats and no nav... now for $40k thats a different story..
So what you are saying is that the CLA only really compares with the other two when you spend $1,000s on the options. This makes sense to me. That is where luxury cars make a killing.

I can't imagine someone getting a luxury vehicle and not opting for leather seats, and a navigation system, and heated seats especially in the northern states.)

Does anybody know how the Verrano and the ILX did in reviews?

·
Registered
77 Posts
So what you are saying is that the CLA only really compares with the other two when you spend $1,000s on the options. This makes sense to me. That is where luxury cars make a killing.

I can't imagine someone getting a luxury vehicle and not opting for leather seats, and a navigation system, and heated seats especially in the northern states.)

Does anybody know how the Verrano and the ILX did in reviews?
If the verano is the equivalent of our astra then it's a car starting at 15K and this cannot be compared with a 30K CLA... No one notices an astra. It's the average entry level car..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
79 Posts
If the verano is the equivalent of our astra then it's a car starting at 15K and this cannot be compared with a 30K CLA... No one notices an astra. It's the average entry level car..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Interesting, so in your opinion what Euro spec vehicles are direct competitors for the CLA, besides the typical audi a3 and BMW 1? I'm in north america and thats why i put the CLA up against those two...

·
Registered
77 Posts
There are no "direct" competitors at the moment I would say.
A3 sedan and 2-series coupe/gran groupe will be in a while though!

The typical A3 and 1-series start about 5k lower than the entry level CLA but these cars are direct competitors to the A-class in europe...

·
Registered
945 Posts
the buick verano interior is boring and just not as nice as the CLA, but we cant expect much from the verano especially with the price it's at.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think it is pretty clear that the ILX does not compare to the CLA and the Verano. Most would say the Verano isn't quite as nice as the CLA, but I think there is some room for personal taste to sway either way.

If the Verano's cabin is more spacious than the CLA's then I would give it the win for interior design. If it is also squished in the back seat then I would stay with the CLA.

·
Registered
945 Posts
If the Verano's cabin is more spacious than the CLA's then I would give it the win for interior design. If it is also squished in the back seat then I would stay with the CLA.
i don't see how a more spacious interior results in a win for interior design.... there's much more to base an interior win aside from more space. how functional it is, features, look, feel, materials, and more just to start would factor in

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I feel like the Verano looks a little bit "old fashioned"

The ILX is a bit sportier but for sure the CLA interior takes the cake here.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think we are being too harsh with the CLA comparing it with Verano's and ILX's. I know that over the states you like to include all different kinds of fruits when comparing baskets but I think we lose our true focus.

The CLA is a compact sedan coupe with the best aerodynamic coefficiency in the world made by one of the finest luxury brands. If we take a look at the photos showing the profile of the car its obvious that such a silhouette cannot provide huge amounts of space.

Concerning the design, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so all opinions are respected of course.

More space, more tech gizmos and lower prices alone don't make a car better than the CLA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts