Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Check the pics....... Dealer and Mercedes-Benz are fully aware of this, but no response yet on how to resolve such an ugly issue !!!
OUUUU the trunk gap is even better than the door gaps! How many CLA's have you see like this pseisog? Wonder what the moisture threat is there, looks like the potential to rust the CLA inside out..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trunk gap

OUUUU the trunk gap is even better than the door gaps! How many CLA's have you see like this pseisog? Wonder what the moisture threat is there, looks like the potential to rust the CLA inside out..
As far as I checked some, mine (as you see from the photos) and at least 4 others at dealers' stores. Some have smaller gap and some do not have anything at all !!! I've made an official complaint to Mercedes Benz about it and still wait for response.....

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Wow! That's insane. I never noticed the gaps when I was checking it out. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. I'm not saying they're not there. I just never looked for it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Wow! That's insane. I never noticed the gaps when I was checking it out. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. I'm not saying they're not there. I just never looked for it.
I bet a lot of people missed it, it's not a typical problem area. Usually something so simple wouldn't be on someones list of things to look out for.

It just goes to show MB could have messed up even the simplest of things on our cars, better check everything, and make sure you leave as a happy new CLA owner and remain like that

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Its one of those things that if you dont really look for it you wont find. But to those who are more obsevant especially on a new car they would inspect every inch.

So what how big is the gap, 1"-1.5"?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Door gap and more

The door gaps do not look like flaws to me. As a previous poster pointed out, they can be found on $100K+ cars. On my car it looks like it was designed that way on purpose. Its not a quality issue. It may be aesthetically unpleasing to some. It doesn't bother me.

I can't find any "trunk gap" on my car. Not sure where its supposed to be?

·
Registered
433 Posts
That gap could be the reason for the road noise too. You can clearly see the sheet metal.
When people say this car is noisy, are they saying "This car is noisy," or are they saying "This Mercedes is noisy."? Meaning, is the car noisy in general, or is it noisy in comparison to other Mercedes?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
When people say this car is noisy, are they saying "This car is noisy," or are they saying "This Mercedes is noisy."? Meaning, is the car noisy in general, or is it noisy in comparison to other Mercedes?
Noisy compared to other Mercedes.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Didn't think I needed to clarify but I meant noisy compared to current Mercedes.
I figured :) I was just hanging out with him and showed him the noise comments his reply was oy they really need to hear my ml320 and they'll change their mind fast :p

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well, recent Mercs have been pretty quiet IMO as a whole. I wouldn't use a car that is 15 years old as comparison to a car nowadays. Heck, Mercs went through a rough quality patch just 10 years ago. So noisy for a Merc is different than a generally noisy car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Made in Hungary

Picked up a U.S. Version CLA250 at Sindelfingen, Germany May 7, 2014 and it had a big MADE IN HUNGARY sticker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The gap is how it is. I have a black CLA and don't notice as much as it blends in with black interior door panel. I would imagine red or white would highlight the gap alot more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think people care M/B has sold 100,000 units thus far. They are running out of material and most dealer can't even hold a months supply it one week for me to get mine

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think people care M/B has already sold 100k units. It took one week for me to get mine. M/B is running out of the materials to make the car. My dealer in Fredericksburg va told me they can't even keep a 30 day supply of them on lot.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts