Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday at the WWDC, Apple unveiled its new "iOS in the car" feature set that will debut in iOS 7 this fall.

Apple unveils iOS for the Car - Autoblog

Mercedes-Benz has signed up to be one of the automakers who will premiere the technology on 2014 model year cars. Anyone think these features will make it into U.S.-spec CLA cars in time? Or do you think this will be part of the next year's model year changes? Truly useful technology package in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I'm an Android user so this won't be a selling point for me. In fact, it would be a negative that they don't offer the same type of connectivity for Android users.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
If Apple came out with a larger phone I wouldn't mind switching back to Apple.

Someone needs to integrate Android as well.

Glad to see Mercedes jump on this. BMW said no thanks.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
BMW said no thanks.
BMW probobly didn't want Android users to feel excluded like how I'm feeling with the iPhone only integration.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't understand why Android's are excluded. A few years ago I had a Pioneer deck that also didn't have support for non-iPhone. I'm a Galaxy Nexus user so it's very aggravating that I can't use any of these tools. Isn't 50% of the market android now anyway? What gives!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Common trend seems to be car companies in bed with Microsoft or apple. Lots of people are happy iphone customers but it would make more sense if they supported both.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts