Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep in mind the god awful run flats will wear away pretty quickly. If you're thinking about replacing them eventually I'd say get it done as quickly as possible so you can still sell the CLA's run flats back to the tire shop. Actually if your CLA is new enough trading the set of runflats should yield you a brand new set of tires without incurring additional cost...

FYI run-flats have an expected lifetime of 15,000 miles...

·
Registered
945 Posts
i would just start by cutting off the problem by asking the dealer if they want too buy the new wheel and run flat tire combo in exchange for regular tires and OEM wheels. If you can do that, you're golden

·
Registered
11 Posts
haha. in all seriousness any reviews from owners on ride comfort? noise?
Coming from a c300...the ride is definitely not as comfy or quiet, and I can feel the bumps more. Since I now have 18's (vs 17 on the C300), I was expecting the car to be that way. Also, the run flats are summer performance type tires vs all season/touring.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Coming from a c300...the ride is definitely not as comfy or quiet, and I can feel the bumps more. Since I now have 18's (vs 17 on the C300), I was expecting the car to be that way. Also, the run flats are summer performance type tires vs all season/touring.
So many downsides to run flats, they were cool when they came out, it was the baller thing to do to have them. But it's just not worth it, pay more and get a ton of issues to deal with....no thanks.

plus not everyone that buys a mercedes needs summer performance tires.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
plus not everyone that buys a mercedes needs summer performance tires.
My guess is the old 80/80 rule. 8o% of the cars will never see the far side of 80 mph.

Reactions: booker
1 - 8 of 8 Posts