Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Does this work like Ford's self park assist?

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Thanks, Joe; that's a good one. I wondered about the lack of picture in the CLA version at the start of this thread. Now I see that the car didn't have the MM package.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks, Joe; that's a good one. I wondered about the lack of picture in the CLA version at the start of this thread. Now I see that the car didn't have the MM package.
You a fan of auto park vracer? I don't think I could trust it if I had it on my car. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
For $500 I am. I used to be as good as anyone when I did it three times day; now it is more like three times a week - and my neck doesn't bend as well as it used to. FWIW, I think the key to happily keeping my present car for 5+ years was adding every bell to every whistle on the car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does this system only do parallel parking?
I think I saw a MB commercial parking in a perpendicular parking spot. I can seem to find it now.

·
Registered
507 Posts
For $500 I am. I used to be as good as anyone when I did it three times day; now it is more like three times a week - and my neck doesn't bend as well as it used to. FWIW, I think the key to happily keeping my present car for 5+ years was adding every bell to every whistle on the car.
I'd agree with that. My wife keeps her van because it has everything possible (except for the vacuum, which now comes with Honda vans)

Good thinking :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think I saw a MB commercial parking in a perpendicular parking spot. I can seem to find it now.
From everything I've read it's parallel parking only, and I've only ever seen in commercials the cars do parallel parking. Probably too many variables when trying to squeeze between two cars and not hit everything in sight. :)

·
Premium Member
927 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Why would you, or anyone else, need help with parking perpendicularly?

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Interesting parking system. I trust it but the only thing is the time it stops to do recalculating. It would bother me a bit how long it takes to complete parking.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Besides parallel parking I don't think there would be a good use for it. Of course the more advanced driver wouldn't need this assistance but for the novices it would be beneficial.

·
Registered
68 Posts

If the 2014 CLA class has the same parktronic system that the 2014 E Class does then yes it will assist in perpendicular parking spots. If I remember correctly the manual said it can only judge if the spot is wide enough.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
yes it will assist in perpendicular parking spots.
Really? Enough people need help with that to justify developing that feature?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts