Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would there be a possibility of a CLA 350? A CLA with the C350 V6?

301 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque for an in between the CLA 250 and CLA 45 AMG?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
No. I would just buy a C350.

It is rear wheel drive as well. If they did make a CLA 350 they would have to use the 4Matic out of the 45 AMG. It would probably cost almost as much as the CLA 45 AMG.

·
Registered
134 Posts
All CLA-Class models are powered by four-cylinder engines, including a choice of 1.6 L and 2.0 L petrol, and 1.8 and 2.1 L diesels.

I don't believe there will be any option for a V6 anytime soon. As cfrp said, you'll need to look at another car if you really want a six cylinder.

·
Registered
186 Posts
A V6 engine in the Mercedes CLA would be useless. A ton of car makers are able to build four-cylinder engines up enough that they can perform just like a V6 meanwhile getting better gas mileage, so why not stick to a 4 cylinder.

Instead of an engine with more cylinders, I actually think we could see a better performing four cylinder engine come out for the CLA, whether it be a new engine or an existing engine with better heads, technology, etc to extract more power.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I am sure the next generation C class will look even more like the CLA.

Might as well wait for the new C350 to come out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Six cylinders are on the way out, turbo charged 4 cylinders are on the way in. This may be the first time Japanese manufacturers pioneered and the Europeans copied. I think even BMW will be following this trend. It makes more sense, more fuel efficient, yet maintains performance.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I am sure the next generation C class will look even more like the CLA.

Might as well wait for the new C350 to come out.
The Mercedes C Class is due for a redesign, Can't believe Mercedes let is run this long without a refresh. At the moment it's probably the oldest looking brand new Mercedes Benz.

Hopefully when the new Mercedes C-Class is out, it's design will be a mix of the Mercedes CLA design and Mercedes E-Class design.

·
Registered
257 Posts
All CLA-Class models are powered by four-cylinder engines, including a choice of 1.6 L and 2.0 L petrol, and 1.8 and 2.1 L diesels.

I don't believe there will be any option for a V6 anytime soon. As cfrp said, you'll need to look at another car if you really want a six cylinder.
For this particular car and it's class I think Mercedes will just be keeping the CLA with a 4 cylinder engine. For the pricing and segment it doesn't make sense for them to implement a 6 cylinder because there is a C class which is one step up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I hope MB brings over a CLA 250 Bluetec before a V6 350.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I hope MB brings over a CLA 250 Bluetec before a V6 350.
Would it really be smart if Mercedes Benz drops a V6 engine into the CLA? Cause I find it to be useless.

Years ago I would be pro-V6. But no longer, especially seeing how amazing inline 4 engine can perform, which is just as good as V6's or inline 6 engines.

The Mercedes CLA already has the worlds most powerful 4 cylinder engine available (CLA45 AMG). There's only so much power that can be put into a car of this size.

Plus there's weight of the V6 which we all know what that'll do.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If mercedes decide to throw in the Bluetec in to the CLA that would be a huge gamechanger. I don't see why they wouldn't. It will fulfill the needs of many commuting in the city.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not exactly right now but with the population expanding at such a rate there will be so many vehicles on the road and that means more pollution. With green technologies on the rise its only a matter of time till every manufacturing brand releases there own diesel. And with Mercedes they aren't new to the game, If a CLA would happen it will be a good seller but depending on price of course.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Diesels have their environmental benefits for sure, but by charging customers premium for the option, and also the costs of diesel, I don't think diesel will be spreading to too fast anytime soon.

By then, we may have cheaper costing electric engines as well. This might make fuel obsolute, if were looking towards the future.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Electric will probably be the engine of choice 50 years from now. But right now, the prices for any electric vehicle with even a sliver of performance will charge an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Plus electric still is nowhere close to the range of a gasoline car. Until then...
Full electrics are still far away from being the dominant trend. Right now we are just slowly phasing in to hybrids. And the hybrids are just at its early stages still. But hybrids are proving to bring more performance but is still far from converting petrol heads.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I like hybrids. As long as there is still a good petro engine in it.

None of that 1.2L petro engine crap. I like what Infiniti has done with their hybrids.

And the new NSX is a hybrid and rumors of a hybrid Porsche. I believe Ferrari came out with a hybrid? And Lambo is working on one?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts