Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audi confirmed the A3 will be on sale in NA by March '14. They also confirmed its starting price.... $29,990.... now where have we seen that before....

More of this ISH:

Audi and Mercedes are entering a pitched competition for younger luxury buyers in the United States. Luxury brands usually worry that a move toward the mass market will take away from their exclusivity, but Audi of America President Scott Keogh insists the A3 will not compromise Audi's image once it goes on sale next year.
As long as you insist Scotty boy...

A3 will give CLA a good run for its money but I'm weary about nominating it as a full on luxury car just yet, the CLA hasn't even earned that tittle in my books....

I will say though from looking at the A3 on paper it is impressive, sort of. Push start, standard panoramic moonroof, standard leathers and standard bi-xenons.

Audi claims an aesthetic advantage as well. "We have a screen that's as thin as an iPhone, fully retractable coming out of the dash, made of magnesium -- a stunning piece of engineering," Keogh said. "What they put on? You can debate it, but it's basically just a rubber piece screwed on a screen, and the screen's just sitting on the dash … People will see the difference."
A-MAY-ZING

"We did not come to a volume price point to do niche volume," Steve Cannon, CEO of Mercedes-Benz USA, recently told Automotive News. "As we ramp up, we see the volume potential of at least 30,000 over the course of time."
I've siad it time and again here, Quality and Quantity are mutually exclusive. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too... volume pricing, volume numbers, volume quality, volume margins.....

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...rcedes-cla-starting-price-29900#axzz2ijkoaiyJ

1 - 1 of 1 Posts