Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, by this time next week at least 3 of the local MB dealers near me will have at least a dozen CLA250s a piece in their showroom floors and lots. I wonder if any of them will remember to contact me once they have them ready for test drives. I've emailed them expressing my interest to test drive and they've all responded back. This will be a test to see how much they regard their future customers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So funny when people "test" others. Hopefully they do follow-up and send you out on a test drive. It will be nice to have some opinions forum people on the forum who have driven the car instead of just going off car reviews.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So funny when people "test" others.
Oh I test people all the time.. especially those who I need trust from. I love to play dumb and ask questions I already know answers to and see how they respond. When I buy a car I actually am buying more than just the car. I'm also buying the dealership as I will most likely have a relationship with them. No matter how much I live the car if I can't trust the dealership then I won't buy from them. There are plenty of other dealerships out there with the same car on their lots. This is why I always say competition is good... for the consumers.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Emailing them is good but I noticed some salespeople are lazy and won't bother go through that, you might want to stop by your local MB dealer and speak to a salesperson face-to-face, they might take you more serious then.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Emailing them is good but I noticed some salespeople are lazy and won't bother go through that, you might want to stop by your local MB dealer and speak to a salesperson face-to-face, they might take you more serious then.
I see your point but that's probably moot because even if they do contact me I won't be able to test drive it right away anyway. This time next week I'll be on a plane to L.A. Then to Munich and then to D.C. I'm shooting for the week of October 14. Maybe by then someone will have contacted me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I find emails usually get put aside the best way is to call them ahead of time maybe even leave a message to express your interests. I am sure your not the first in your area that wants to get in on it.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
When I buy a car I actually am buying more than just the car. I'm also buying the dealership as I will most likely have a relationship with them.
The odds of knowing whether or not a dealership is good or bad based on a salesperson approach your calling heads or tails.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I see your point but that's probably moot because even if they do contact me I won't be able to test drive it right away anyway. This time next week I'll be on a plane to L.A. Then to Munich and then to D.C. I'm shooting for the week of October 14. Maybe by then someone will have contacted me.
True, best to wait it out then, after all they do want to make money!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The odds of knowing whether or not a dealership is good or bad based on a salesperson approach your calling heads or tails.
A good dealership with proper management will have provided training, performance oversight, and policies in place to ensure their employees behave a certain way and conduct themselves accordingly. A good dealership with good management will never allow their employees, especially a salesperson, to conduct themselves in a manner that's not consistent with the dealerships philosophy, mission, or vision because they represent not just themselves but they also represent the dealership and Mercedes Benz. So if a salesperson acts unprofessionally then that reflects on the dealership because they allow it to happen. I know it’s not a foolproof method of judging a dealership as a whole but it’s a good start.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
too bad you aren't the manager at the dealerships because I use to work at a Mercedes dealership and most of the sales staff were clueless on the cars they sold. They only knew the general specs thats about it.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
too bad you aren't the manager at the dealerships because I use to work at a Mercedes dealership and most of the sales staff were clueless on the cars they sold. They only knew the general specs thats about it.
See I wouldn't have purchased a car from your dealership because I will never know what kind of service I will get.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The CLA250s are suppose to be on sale starting today. Hope to get to check one out soon.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
haven't read or seen much on their arrival so far.

usually you'd find a bunch of video on youtube once they hit dealerships.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haven't read or seen much on their arrival so far.

usually you'd find a bunch of video on youtube once they hit dealerships.
I contacted a dealer today (Mecerdes-Benz of Flemington in NJ) and they said they're getting them today or tomorrow. I've asked them to email me of what they got (colors, options/packages, quantity) when they get them. Test drives whould be available immediately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Talked to my neighbor who works for Mercedes and he told me with zero money down, it would be $610/mo to lease a $41k Edition1 w/12k miles year... LoL!!

I told him if Mercedes is trying to capture a different younger market, then their crazy trying to charge that much for a $40k car! Most ppl i know would never buy a 1st year model car and would probably try to lease

My G37 IPL w/no money down was only $625/mo and that car msrp for $52k and I got 15k miles a year.

Was he crazy or is Mercedes really leasing these cars for that much??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts