Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an amalgam of photos taken with my iPhone from the NYIAS 2013. Some have been posted throughout the CLA forums.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Here is an amalgam of photos taken with my iPhone from the NYIAS 2013. Some have been posted throughout the CLA forums.

I found it cool that Mercedes put a back up sensor right on the side of the rear bumper, above the rear valance area. Usually back up sensors have rarely been on the sides, rather directly at the back, longer part of the rear bumper.

at least this way we can avoid hitting things on the side.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BenzFan,

Yes, nice touch. Hopefully they'll adopt the side camera's a la the GL and new S class.

·
Registered
945 Posts
BenzFan,

Yes, nice touch. Hopefully they'll adopt the side camera's a la the GL and new S class.
Indeed! If they have this on their cheapest luxury car, I don't see why much higher end models won't get it. I think the new mercedes s-class will have safety tech (if you want to classify this tech as that) way beyond what the CLA has and will ever have.

It is a Mercedes Benz flagship model that is expanding like crazy for the future model to fill in the niche market the Maybach 57s and other Maybachs left.

BTW have you seen anything about the new Mercedes S-Class?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1 Posts
Back seats/trunk

For those who saw this at the auto show 2 questions.
1. Can a human sit in the back seats comfortably?
2. Do the back seats fold down?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Did you get to sit in the car?

I really do like that carbon front lip. Wonder if I can get that for a regular CLA 250...

·
Registered
14 Posts
For those who saw this at the auto show 2 questions.
1. Can a human sit in the back seats comfortably?
2. Do the back seats fold down?
I am 5'7" so not huge, but I sat in the back with the front seat as far back as possible and could sit comfortably with a few inches of spare room between knees and seat.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am 5'7" so not huge, but I sat in the back with the front seat as far back as possible and could sit comfortably with a few inches of spare room between knees and seat.
Thats awesome, I wasn't expecting that, but how much space does the driver have with the front seats pushed all the way back? Did you also sit in the front seats and adjusted them?

I hope there's sufficient space for the driver and front seated passenger.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats awesome, I wasn't expecting that, but how much space does the driver have with the front seats pushed all the way back? Did you also sit in the front seats and adjusted them?

I hope there's sufficient space for the driver and front seated passenger.

I sat in the front and messed around with the seat within reason. When I first got in I couldn't reach the pedals, slid it up quite a bit from what I assume was all the way back for a comfortable driving position.

My main concern was w/ driver seat adjusted for me and passenger in a comfortable position, no knees in chest, could you fit 2 reasonably sized people in the back. The answer for that is definitely yes, and with a 6'+ driver I would be ok in the back no problem. 6' front and back, probably ok but not for hours would be my guess.

Another thing to keep in mind, the AMG seats were awesome and fit me like a glove, but bolsters might be uncomfortable if you're wide big in addition to tall big.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I got to see it at the show and just absolutely fell in love with it. I was a bit disappointed that it was on a turn table and we couldn't get a closer look but the press photos show some of the details I was looking for. I can't wait to test drive it in November. I also got a $500 off voucher applied after the negotiated price. That's a drop in the bucket considering the price of the vehicle but thay may pay for a set of all weather mats. BTW, just joined and this is my first post.:D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome. Yeah, I was told that the $500 coupon can be used on the CLA is ordered within the next 6 months, and can be combined with other certain offers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
does anyone have the coupon (Not going to use it)? i went to the show and they didnt say anything to me. That sucks. If anyone has the coupon I would love to have it to apply to my CLA 45 order> Let me know.. Thanks in advance

Eric

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
does anyone have the coupon (Not going to use it)? i went to the show and they didnt say anything to me. That sucks. If anyone has the coupon I would love to have it to apply to my CLA 45 order> Let me know.. Thanks in advance

Eric
It's not really a coupon and it does have your name and address on it so it is not transferable unless it is to a relative living in the same address. You had to give one of the reps your info and they email you a link to the promotion which has your info on it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I got to see it at the show and just absolutely fell in love with it. I was a bit disappointed that it was on a turn table and we couldn't get a closer look but the press photos show some of the details I was looking for. I can't wait to test drive it in November. I also got a $500 off voucher applied after the negotiated price. That's a drop in the bucket considering the price of the vehicle but thay may pay for a set of all weather mats. BTW, just joined and this is my first post.:D
Where can you get this mercedes benz coupon to get $500 off? I would liek to get one too ;) Ill put it towards the CLA 250!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Where can you get this mercedes benz coupon to get $500 off? I would liek to get one too ;) Ill put it towards the CLA 250!
You had to be at the car show to get it. Actually I didn't even know about. I was talking to one of the reps there about the CLA and asked about the AMG and she offered the discount if I gave her my name, email, and address.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts