Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the seats in the CLA45 have thigh support? kinda fell in love with them on Beemers and would adore that feature on the 45 :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is a picture of the seats in the CLA 45 AMG. I'm not sure what you mean about thigh support. Seats look comfortable and like the thigh area is in top shape.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a picture of the seats in the CLA 45 AMG. I'm not sure what you mean about thigh support. Seats look comfortable and like the thigh area is in top shape.
thigh support is a little piece of the seat that moves forward for extra comfort especially on long drives...

@BenzFan do you know if its an option?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't recall seeing it on the standard seats, and I doubt they would be on the Recaros (adding extra weight kind of defeats the purpose of a Recaro). I kind of doubt the AMGs (short of the S-class) would have it either since none of them are really grand tourers and they aren't really designed for long-distance drives. It also looks like it would be an impediment to driving on the twistys which again defeats the purpose of an AMG. You could always ask the dealer if there is an add-on if its not there though.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've never seen seats like those in any car let alone the CLA. You'd have to go after market to get them I am guessing. Reminds me of a lazy boy. Are these typical in racing or something?

·
Registered
945 Posts
I haven't seen them being available for the CLA. It would be a great thing to add on even if it isn't motorized or able to be adjusted manually.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
From what I know this is not an option on the CLA at all. On any trim

I have seen it on the E class and on many BMW cars.

I'm not sure if the C class has or will have it. Its a nice feature for those who are taller or have longer legs.

Though that crevice does kind of get nasty if you don't clean it. And I've seen a BMW where the actuator (which is plastic) broke.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you can get it across the BMW lineup, including 1 series/2 series. Its not a deal breaker by any means but i do enjoy the support on the backs of my knees. Too bad though I'm surprised its not even a premium option on CLA250....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd like to know this as well.

The AMG seats have three rocker switches. I assume that one would be for the fore-and-aft seat travel and one for the seatback angle.
The third is for.....

......?:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts