Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Acura designed a nice car here but it will never match the amazing design languages from mercedes benz.

if i was in the market for a super cheap compact luxury sedan that looked somewhat good, the acura ilx would be it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the ILX is a prettied up Civic. I sat in one at an auto show and I couldn't get over how civic-like the interior felt. It barely felt premium at all.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You can only get the ILX in a sedan. Acura did make plans to release a coupe but scratched that idea. I don't see the ILX lasting very long with its sales number and general disappointment by the auto industry at large.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am an Acura lover through and through. Until I put the order in for my CLA I only ever considered owning Acuras. (Right now I have a 93 Legend coupe and, previously, an Integra GSR, couple of other Legends, and an RL, as well as almost every type of other Acura model in my extended family.) That being said, there is zero comparison to the CLA for the ILX in my book. Acura's design team has seriously missed the mark in recent years (perhaps the new NSX excluded, though I don't think its long-term beauty will come close to that of the original NSX body style). The ILX is just boring. It lacks anything exceptional or eye catching. What was Acura thinking with getting rid of the TSX for this? Seriously, it boggles my mind.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I am an Acura lover through and through. Until I put the order in for my CLA I only ever considered owning Acuras. (Right now I have a 93 Legend coupe and, previously, an Integra GSR, couple of other Legends, and an RL, as well as almost every type of other Acura model in my extended family.) That being said, there is zero comparison to the CLA for the ILX in my book. Acura's design team has seriously missed the mark in recent years (perhaps the new NSX excluded, though I don't think its long-term beauty will come close to that of the original NSX body style). The ILX is just boring. It lacks anything exceptional or eye catching. What was Acura thinking with getting rid of the TSX for this? Seriously, it boggles my mind.
I agree with you on the ILX.

Like every new Acura, it's over priced, any time I would buy a newer acura is when it hits the used market.

I rather spend a bit more and get a CLA over the ILX.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've always felt that Acuras were Hondas with some leather and velour. I never felt they were "true" luxury cars in the sense of the German three of Lexus/Infiniti. Nor were their looks all that better than Honda. To Acura's credit though, their cars are more fun and sporty than Lexus or Infiniti. But I would never buy an Acura for luxury or looks. For a fun car that's better than a basic yes. I guess Acura strikes me as kind of where Mercury was in the Ford lineup. Not a full on luxury car Lincoln (though that itself is debatable) but more high end than the base Ford.

I'll be honest, other than the old TL and Integra, Acuras don't do much for me. I've never driven the NSX so I can't really comment on that other than the usual lust for a supercar.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts