Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Diamond Grille on the Mercedes CLA: Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 5 21.7%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Since the CLA I'm picking up tomorrow has it, my vote is Yay.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yay, and to take it over the top make sure to include the illuminated star...ha, ha...I did. Let the douchiness begin!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am not a fan of the diamond grille and I don't like the illuminated grille either. It just reminds me of tasteless street racing cars. An illuminated three-point start is no better than underbody lighting in my mind.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am not a fan of the diamond grille and I don't like the illuminated grille either. It just reminds me of tasteless street racing cars. An illuminated three-point start is no better than underbody lighting in my mind.
Totally agree with you...and that's why I am having it installed. The CLA, in itself, is a rather non-traditional Mercedes (read for a new audience--rice rocketeers unite!). On any of my other cars I would never consider it. Just like the white walls I have on my 1972 600. I would never do that on my other Mercedes. Nor would I put racing mufflers on anything other than my Porsches--too loud for a non-AMG MB.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I agree with you on the illuminated grille but disagree on the Diamond grille. I think the diamond grille looks clean and looks amazing on the CLA, illuminated just looks tacky

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think it looks great on primary colors like the red/purple and blue. It also looks alright on the White. However on the silver, white, and gray, I'm not so sure I like it quite as much. It lacks contrast on the lighter paints.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's a brand new Mercedes, with a great new look. Of course I'm getting the diamond grill. It positively makes the car special!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts