Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mean sunglasses boys.. or beer goggles... no joking there, because drinking+driving doesn't mix.. unless it's energy drinks... :eek:

How many of you wear glasses when you drive, do you pop on the sunglasses, or do you wear contacts, or none at all?

I wear my Gucci glasses when I drive, and contacts:

I'm not a visor girl, I never put it down, I just rock through the Miami sun with the sunglasses.

PS: Yes I put the sunglass post icon because, .. well, just because :)

Lisa

·
Registered
176 Posts
Lisa, I like your style. :cool:

I am all about the Ray Bans, over my contacts. My girlfriend rocks a pair of Chanel glasses.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I also wear Ray Bans, but they are prescription. I had them stolen from my glove box in my wife's car, and then found them a few days later down the street. Guessing some street thug didn't like my -2.5 prescription :)

Joe

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

I just find it so strange when people drive without sunglasses down here. I'm in friggin' miami, how can you drive here with the sun beating down on you without sunglasses! I don't get it...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks!

I just find it so strange when people drive without sunglasses down here. I'm in friggin' miami, how can you drive here with the sun beating down on you without sunglasses! I don't get it...
I went to Tampa last year, and I can relate that it's hard to not use sunglasses.

A few reasons though that I think people avoid them:

- They are expensive
- They wear glasses and hate contacts.. and if you've ever been to the eye doctor and gotten one of those cheap plastic tint things, sunglasses over glasses suck.
- Visors are awesome.

Lisa, I pictured you as someone who might wear this:

·
Registered
507 Posts
These?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Vuarnet 4002 baby

Reactions: CLAJoe

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sunglasses are not merely for looks, they actually do tint your vision and protect your eyes from the sun. While I don't need to wear them to drive, there are times that I am very happy that I have sunglasses or else it would be much more difficult to see. I try to keep a cheap pair in the car just in case I forget my good pair somewhere else.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sunglasses are not merely for looks, they actually do tint your vision and protect your eyes from the sun. While I don't need to wear them to drive, there are times that I am very happy that I have sunglasses or else it would be much more difficult to see. I try to keep a cheap pair in the car just in case I forget my good pair somewhere else.
Yeah it helps a lot especially if you commute during time where the sun sets and rises, it can get REALLY annoying having the sun get right on your level, even on those super sunny summer days it helps a lot.

·
Registered
79 Posts
actually your eyes are supposed to get 30 min of sun exposure per day. Doesnt have to be driving but give them some natural sun every day, your body will thank you.

lisa do you think these are suitable to be behind the wheel of a CLA in SoCal.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
actually your eyes are supposed to get 30 min of sun exposure per day. Doesnt have to be driving but give them some natural sun every day, your body will thank you.

lisa do you think these are suitable to be behind the wheel of a CLA in SoCal.....

They're very nice... I am a fan..

Carrera - CARRERA 5003

Anything really from Carrera is nice, but maybe go for the green ones?

~lisa

1 - 20 of 23 Posts