Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know roughly what's the expected output of the factory? I.E. How many CLA45's are expected to be produced per day? I talked to two dealerships in town and one told me if I put down a deposit (last week) it could be up to 6 months and the other told me 3-4 months. Neither would tell me where in queue I was until I did. The 3-4 months dealer told me I was #2 in queue at their dealership when I did put the deposit down this weekend. They also told me they may be quicker than other dealers since they are relatively new and Mercedes tries to support the new ones to get them up and running. Don't expect that to be the case with AMGs though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Does anyone know roughly what's the expected output of the factory? I.E. How many CLA45's are expected to be produced per day? I talked to two dealerships in town and one told me if I put down a deposit (last week) it could be up to 6 months and the other told me 3-4 months. Neither would tell me where in queue I was until I did. The 3-4 months dealer told me I was #2 in queue at their dealership when I did put the deposit down this weekend. They also told me they may be quicker than other dealers since they are relatively new and Mercedes tries to support the new ones to get them up and running. Don't expect that to be the case with AMGs though.
yea theres rumors people are going to be waiting until next summer to get their hands on CLA 45s... would you hold out for one or would you consider swapping to something else?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would hold out. I have no need for a new car so this is more a gift for me. I mean, I waited until I could try the regular CLA to make sure I liked it (like that the seating position was good and such) so waiting isn't a big deal for me. I'd rather wait and get something nice than settle for something I didn't really want to begin with.

I am hoping some people give up though so I can move up the queue. :p

To be honest, here in the Northwest, it may actually be a greater disappointment to get it soon because how depressing would it be to get it and not have a good day to thrash it for months?

·
Registered
183 Posts
If anyone is interested I may give up my spot.

I ordered a Cosmos black with black leather sport seat interior, along with the following options. The MSRP came to $69,945 with delivery.

P1 packageP01 2,200.00 Multimedia320 2,300.00 Exclusive packageP34 1,500.00 19" black wheels787 850.00 Red brake calipersU70 300.00 AMG sport exhaustU21 450.00 Blind spot assist234 550.00 Parktronic235 970.00

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I ordered a Cosmos black with black leather sport seat interior, along with the following options. The MSRP came to $69,945 with delivery.

P1 packageP01 2,200.00 Multimedia320 2,300.00 Exclusive packageP34 1,500.00 19" black wheels787 850.00 Red brake calipersU70 300.00 AMG sport exhaustU21 450.00 Blind spot assist234 550.00 Parktronic235 970.00
Holey crap!! When I built a 2013 C63 it didn't cost $70k! I would love to take the spot, assuming the car isn't in production yet (that's a bit too rich for me for a CLA) and if you could transfer between dealerships (I'm north of you).

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I "think" I remember reading that the total US output would be 7,000 for the '14 model year.

dbtk, is your order changeable, or has it gone to whatever they call the unchangeable/production stage?

sleepyhead, when I placed my original "pre-order", I was told #6, but that people would probably drop out. I have now moved up to #3 with no deliveries. I have seen the order, (n early Oct.) for #1 that is scheduled to be delivered first part of Nov. At that time I was told that I would probably finalize the order in Nov./Dec. with expected delivery in March.

The dealers are being very secretive about what their allocation is! They aren't giving us any hint of when or how many they MIGHT get. Maybe it is just because MB doesn't know, but MB MUST have some clue. It would be nice if someone shared.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, 7,000's gotta be a lot for an AMG, even a "cheap" one. I hope that's the case. And I would love for people to drop out, though I'm (supposedly) #2 in line so I'm not sure it matters unless they reallocate a dealer's allotment to another one. Maybe if the dealer lost all preorders they might. Or their single order is done and there's no more in queue.

I'm not surprised they are being secretive. First off, if the line is too long I'm sure a decent number of those waiting would just give up and buy another car. And then if they give hard numbers someone's going to do their "expert" number crunching and conclude something's wrong because it is taking "too long." But yeah, it would be nice to have some numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts

what are you getting instead?

70k is steep not going to joke.

·
Registered
183 Posts
cfrp,

I totally agree re: "steep". It feels like the time when the 190E 2.3-16 first came out in 1986 at $45,000 base and everyone said it was a $35,000 car at best. I think the 45 is a $50,000 at best. I recently got a 2014 E350 4Matic Luxury with leather (hardly any Luxury versions out there due to the popularity of the E Sport versions--but it kinda looks like the new S from afar--way far). I also drove a CLA Edition 1 and for the price/value/economy it may suit my needs--dealer offering me around 9.4% off but still working out extras (such as the douche-y illuminated star and maintenance). If I want "fast" I have my 911 Turbo and newer Cayenne Turbo for that.

And for those inquirying about the allocation: I believe it is the first spot for SF Mercedes (or so I am told/promised) so I highly doubt that they would give it up. If you are seriously interested, however, I can put you in contact with my sales rep there and you can negotiate with her. Also, I believe it is in production as I was told the car would be mine around Thanksgiving time.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Hey to be honest I'd probably pick the E350 over the CLA too.

And if you have a 911 Turbo there really isn't a point in the CLA AMG.

If you really want to dip your feet into AMG territory maybe try trading in the CLS550 for a C63 AMG. (the new one that is apparently DCT and 4Matic)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey to be honest I'd probably pick the E350 over the CLA too.

And if you have a 911 Turbo there really isn't a point in the CLA AMG.

If you really want to dip your feet into AMG territory maybe try trading in the CLS550 for a C63 AMG. (the new one that is apparently DCT and 4Matic)
For me I'd be willing to take a C63, and I was willing to go up to 75k for one. But I'm currently living far away enough for work that it just wouldn't make sense to sacrifice so much mileage (percentage wise) on commuting. I wouldn't want to pay so much in tires and gas and get so little fun out of the car. I can afford it, but my mind just wouldn't tolerate it. That's why I went for the CLA. I also wanted something a bit more practical than a Porsche but also prefer compact cars, though I did for a while consider the E-class even though it's bigger than what I would like.

Basically what I wanted was something fun, practical, and with some class. For example, I even considered an Evo or STI, but I could imagine a valet spitting in my face for pulling up in one of those. :p

·
Registered
183 Posts
cfrp,
I can't wait to see the new C class AMG. Hopefully it'll get better fuel economy than the current one. Back in 2002, I purchased an SLK32 which was fun and it got about 24 mpg, mostly highway. The current C63 dips down into the 14-15 mpg around town. My neighbor in SF has one and it is abysmal on fuel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts