Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my CLA tomorrow, and trying to figure it out how it behaves on snow, the winter wheels won't be here for another 10 days as they are shipping them from Germany, some one advise

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I am from Calgary too, which dealer did you bought from?? My car is already here last week, due to the snow, i was taking delivery this tuesday, but i cant take it, so i changed to next tuesday.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Is it snowing in Calgary already?

The 4Matic is FWD most of the time so you should be fine

I'd get winter tires asap though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
From Toronto Ontario...mine arrives March 15th 2014.... Will report on snow conditions if there is still snow on the road come March

·
Registered
167 Posts
I didn't realize that the CLA AMG had already made its way to Canada. I thought it was still yet to be released. It must be a blast to drive. I have to say that I wasn't impressed with the interior of the CLA when I test drove a 250 a couple weeks ago. IT was bad enough to make me continue looking around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
interior is standard black with the artico/dinamica seat, actually the seat look better than i expected, and doesnt slide around like full leather seat, this is the first time i buy a car without full leather seat, but i like it, looks good to me. and i have the command navigation, usb. not bad the cd changer can play dvd movie, but only in park, the screen is not bad. so far.
As for snow, this week warn up, so no snow on the road, but i am not planning it for winter driving, cause i have a suv that i can drive in winter, so in winter time, if nice day, no snow on the road, i might roll it out.
So far i only drive it twice, and i have about 120km on it right now, may be the weather is cold, car is little stiff, but the exhaust note is sounds good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Called my dealership (Midtown Toronto) to check on the status of my order and was hit with some bad news.

Order was originally scheduled to arrive March 15th 2014 and we have been told we should now expect the car "between June and August 2014". We ordered October 28th, 2013.

Anyone else hit with this news? My wife took the call so I am trying to decipher what she said...Apparently there are only 7 orders in the que and that does not justify a shipment???

Edit: email from delaership...

The vehicle is very high demands and we Sold more than what manufacture could produce in 2013.
We have the following orders before yours.
August 13 1 Order has been completed
September 3 Orders Waiting
Early October 2 Orders Waiting
You order is Number 7.
Thank you for your patience I will continue to update you in March.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Brian! *waves back

Did you buy from David S. there? He is a very good guy, maybe he can help or look into it for you?
I have heard good things about David before. I ended up dealing with Ray V. My wife knows the General Manager there and mentioned Ray would take care of us.

I followed up since that comment within this thread......I also posted my latest update on another CLA forum and figured it may also be useful info here for those who are not aware of the other forum

"I finally got a response on my delayed ordered from the General Manager of the dealership I ordered from (Midtown) This info may be useless or useful but thought I would share in this thread for others waiting in the GTA.

Ordered my CLA45 October 28, 2013. I was originally told March 15th delivery. I called into the dealership in early January for a status update. I was told my ordered was pushed back to "july/August" as a result of the demand. I was told I was number 7 in the queue at Midtown and they were confident the car would be in my possession by no later than August. After reading threads on this forum I was confused to see our american friends still able to get their cars in 3-4 months yet I was waiting 8-10months.

Mangers response:
The american market purchased over 300,000 Mercedes Benz product last year compared to Canada whom only purchased 31,000 cars. Therefore the US are given priority on build allocations. Currently Mercedes within the Toronto area has just over 100 orders submitted and have very little allocations as of the last few weeks but more are coming. The Manager of Midtown recently moved to Downtown Mercedes and sold his first CLA45 at this dealership on Tuesday. He submitted the order and is VERY confident this order will be at the dealership for pick up in October. This info does line up with my order which is about 8-10 months. I guess Mercedes is confirming by May they will be all caught up with orders and back on regular schedule delivery.

My good news...I went from number 7 in the queue at my dealership to number 3 over the past 2 weeks. I guess others have backed out when told about the longer delivery dates. The dealer confirmed if I touch base within 2-3 weeks he will have much more information for me regarding my specific order. I will share any information I receive at that time.

Hope this helps and I also hope they were not just blowing smoke up my [email protected]% "

·
Registered
1 Posts
If we don't have the PO# or dealer does not have any allocation, number in the queue is useless. I have called all dealers in south Ontario, and have an conclusion which is pretty much they only have 1 allocation per two months each dealer on average. Most of them told me an queue over 3 people would likely not receive their 2014 CLA 45. I have told my dealer to put my order to the first on the 2015 CLA 45 now.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The shot below would make it really tempting for me to make the whole roof black. It might be something to consider.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts