Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As written in the operator's manual the engine will consume oil and it will need to be routinely topped up, the number cited in the manual was 0.8L for every 1000km (may be less or more depending on your driving style and operating environment).

After reading that in the manual I checked my oil this morning when filling up the fuel tank and found that I was down at least a liter of oil in my CLA 250 as the oil was only at the min level of the stick. The stated difference from min to max is 1L.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This isn't as bad as some cars, i know with harder driving you will have to top it up more frequently. Best to go by the rating noted and check it manually
Yah, it's not terrible, but I think a lot of folks coming to the CLA are going to not expect it as their last car was likely a normally aspirated 4 cylinder and did not use oil the way a turbo charged engine will.

I put in 1L of Castrol Edge 0W40 European blend to match the temp. range needed here and to meet the MB Approval 229.5 requirement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.