Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is no support for the iphone 5(5s) as of yet. I have been able to use the 30 pin lightning converter (btw - never use anything other than apple's), but I am want to use the nav apps on my phone. My dealer last week admitted, MB is working on it, but no date has been set for this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
from the link provided: the "App" supports it, but the drive kit from MB was designed for the iphone 4/4S, I am waiting for the re-design to 5/5s

Which iPhone® generations does the Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone® work with?
The kit's full functionality is tailored to the iPhone® 4S and 4. Older iPhones® (e.g. 3GS) cannot be used as they do not offer the same form of digital image transmission.
Can I connect more than one iPhone® via the same interface with the "Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone®"?
Yes, several iPhone® 4 and 4S users can use the same system – in turn – by simply inserting their phone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called my dealer to see if I can get the iphone 5 cable, supposedly with the cable, there is now support by drive kit plus. We will see... Sales manager told me to stop by on Wednesday. Smythe European in San Jose, ca and specifically Omar are awesome.:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Going to dealer to swap the cable after work and get the drive kit+
Got it :) now I have both.

Dealer parts said to wait on the drive-kit, that apple and mb announces last week there were going to do more work on it to bring even more apps/interface with iphone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a CLA with the Drive Kit Plus for iPhone 4/4S but now I've upgraded my iPhone to the new 5S.
I was thinking on purchase an adapteur from ebay (8 to 30 pins or 8 to 30 pins with audio) but if MB have the solution...
Can you tell me the solution and, if possible, the part number of the cable?
Is it possible to post a photo of it?
Tks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts