Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering adding navigation to my CLA, without having to buy both the premium and multimedia packages. Does anyone have experience with either of these options, and any recommendations? Thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No experience with either but I've read reviews on both.

The Map Pilot has 4 negs ... (1) while the cost of the Pilot ($600) is comparable to that of the Drive Kit ($599), there is a pre-wiring requirement that costs $200 and can only be done at the factory, not the dealer; (2) maps are outdated - most current update upon purchasing the device is from 2011; (3) after the first 45 days after purchase, upgrades are $100 each; and (4) graphics quality is not good.

Drive Kit has 2 of negs ... (1) while the price of the Kit ($599) is comparable to that of the Map Pilot ($600), there is an installation charge of around $500 for the Kit - just learned that this evening from my local MB dealer; (2) the Kit is only for iPhones, not Androids, and it currently works only with the iPhone 4 & 4S - there is an anticipated update by December for the iPhone 5.

Now, when comparing the Drive Kit/Digital DriveStyle App (free) combo with the Multi-Media Package, the Kit wins hands down in my opinion -- even with the additional $500 cost of installation. Check out my post here comparing the value of the two.

http://www.mercedesclaforum.com/for...drive-kit-plus-skip-multi-media-pkg-save.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts