Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the gas mileage turning out for those who already have their 250? Recent magazine article said they never got over 27mpg combined in testing. Do the 17" wheels with all-season tires vs. the 18" with summer tires make any mpg difference? What about if you use regular or mid-range gas?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Did those magazines report on how many miles their cars had? I know with new cars usually after your first oil change you will start to notice you get better MPG's and eventually closer to the number on paper.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just changing over to a different sized wheel would throw off the readings a slight bit not exactly sure if the change in different grades or octane levels in gas would affect the mpg. Soem one should chime in on that.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think driving style / behaviors can significantly impact MPG, along with environment and road / altitude / traffic variances.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
both tires and gasoline octane rating should effect mileage.

check fuelly.com

should start to fill up as the days go by.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Recent article from what magazine? I'm always suspecious when someone gives a vague reference. So far I've been betting better than 30 mpg but I do a lot of highway driving.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tony. are you still riding on the stock summer tires from the sport package you got, or did you get new tires. if still on the OEM tires, how are those run flats feeling? my experience with run flats are not good. hard a a rock and makes the ride feel super hard. I had my CLK350 coupe with run flats and 140 tread wear.and previous owner had replaced tires 9 [email protected] 330 plus mounting and balancing from MB so each tire replacement was 400 bucks a wack in the life of the car since 2006 not due to wear, but due to bubbles forming on side wells. when i purchased the car, i changes tires and had "0" problems and it ran so smooth... I'm changing tires as soon as i get my cal, going with all season ties with 600 tread wear. let me know your progress as time goes by.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Tony. are you still riding on the stock summer tires from the sport package you got, or did you get new tires. if still on the OEM tires, how are those run flats feeling? my experience with run flats are not good. hard a a rock and makes the ride feel super hard. I had my CLK350 coupe with run flats and 140 tread wear.and previous owner had replaced tires 9 [email protected] 330 plus mounting and balancing from MB so each tire replacement was 400 bucks a wack in the life of the car since 2006 not due to wear, but due to bubbles forming on side wells. when i purchased the car, i changes tires and had "0" problems and it ran so smooth... I'm changing tires as soon as i get my cal, going with all season ties with 600 tread wear. let me know your progress as time goes by.
Yes, I still have the OEM summer tires on them. I don't know if I'm going to replace them with all seasons right away. Since I have another car I can use for winter driving, I don't have that much of a rush or need for all seasons. So may plan so far is to keep the summer tires on and only drive them with favorable road conditions and when it comes time to replace them then I'll get all seasons... but I'm sticking with run flats. The "harsh" ride doesn't bother me at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Veterans Day morning, no traffic.
17" original Cinturato P7 All Season Run Flats.
4 miles local and 33 miles freeway.

13XX miles total, hasn't change oil yet.

Usually I'll get more than 38mpg, not an aggressive driver, yet..XD

·
Registered
183 Posts
Veterans Day morning, no traffic.
17" original Cinturato P7 All Season Run Flats.
4 miles local and 33 miles freeway.

13XX miles total, hasn't change oil yet.

Usually I'll get more than 38mpg, not an aggressive driver, yet..XD
Awesome MPG. A benchmark to beat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I averaged 38.9mpg for the second tank of gas...Drove from NJ to VT and all around the local towns...at one point the computer showed an average of 41mpg after driving for around 2 hrs. Amazing for such a quick car with great style..

·
Registered
19 Posts
So far day 4 of having the car. I drive from home and school which is about 15 miles away. Computer showed an average of 33-36mpg. I'm happy with those number. The engine doesn't usually warm up in time for ECO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts