Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I’ve enjoyed following the different discussions on this forum and I’m excited about becoming a CLA owner.

I have an upcoming trip to Europe early next year so I’m thinking about taking advantage of the European Delivery Program (EDP) and I’m also thinking about leasing the car, but I still have some questions that I hope some of you can help me answer:

1) What are the current terms for the EDP for the CLA (non AMG)? Is it 5% or 7% off MSRP? Is the Delivery Charge waived? Are there any other fees associated with the EDP excluding travel-associated costs?

2) Is it still possible to negotiate better terms from the US dealers or are the terms for the EDP fixed?

3) If I take delivery of a CLA equipped with the Sports Package in February, will it have winter rated tires or will I need to rent or buy special tires to be able to take the car? I live in SoCal so I really would not have a need for winter tires once the car is delivered to me.

4) If I lease the car, would the residual value be calculated based on MSRP? In other words, if I choose a 3 year 12,000 miles lease, would the residual be 66% of MSRP?

5) Are there additional fees associated with the lease for individuals with Tier 1 credit in addition to TTL, for example lease initiation and termination fees?

6) If I place the order now, would I be able to lock the current lease terms (MF 0.00162 and Residual at 66% for 12K miles) if the car is going to be delivered in February?

7) Do I have to pay for the time that the car in being transported or does the lease start upon delivery of the car in the US?

Thanks in advance to all of you for your feedback. I hope I can post some pictures of my EDP adventure and also once I get the car at home.

Cheers,

SSB-LA

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
The search button is your friend. Look for both BMW & Merc. Then go to a dealer who has done many EDs for the answer to all your questions. You can use arbitrage if you buy Euro & sell US.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I’ve enjoyed following the different discussions on this forum and I’m excited about becoming a CLA owner.

I have an upcoming trip to Europe early next year so I’m thinking about taking advantage of the European Delivery Program (EDP) and I’m also thinking about leasing the car, but I still have some questions that I hope some of you can help me answer:

1) What are the current terms for the EDP for the CLA (non AMG)? Is it 5% or 7% off MSRP? Is the Delivery Charge waived? Are there any other fees associated with the EDP excluding travel-associated costs?

2) Is it still possible to negotiate better terms from the US dealers or are the terms for the EDP fixed?

3) If I take delivery of a CLA equipped with the Sports Package in February, will it have winter rated tires or will I need to rent or buy special tires to be able to take the car? I live in SoCal so I really would not have a need for winter tires once the car is delivered to me.

4) If I lease the car, would the residual value be calculated based on MSRP? In other words, if I choose a 3 year 12,000 miles lease, would the residual be 66% of MSRP?

5) Are there additional fees associated with the lease for individuals with Tier 1 credit in addition to TTL, for example lease initiation and termination fees?

6) If I place the order now, would I be able to lock the current lease terms (MF 0.00162 and Residual at 66% for 12K miles) if the car is going to be delivered in February?

7) Do I have to pay for the time that the car in being transported or does the lease start upon delivery of the car in the US?

Thanks in advance to all of you for your feedback. I hope I can post some pictures of my EDP adventure and also once I get the car at home.

Cheers,

SSB-LA

@SSB-LA Did you make any progress on this, did you manage to get the car ordered yet?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Your questions in general can be answered via the Mercedes European Delivery website. With regards to those other ones (like locking in lease terms) I would ask the dealers I'm shopping with. Because in the end, none of us here are the ones you're signing the contract with. What matters is what those people allow.

The one thing is I would believe your lease would start when you get it in Stuttgart. After all, you did receive your car then. In a sense, the boat trip is just like you driving it from the dealership to home; albiet quite a bit longer. I mean, if you damage the car in Germany, I doubt they will let you get away with saying you don't want it. They'll say it's your car; you pay for the repairs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts