Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I thought it might be useful for people out there to hear about this. I've ordered a CLA 200 back in April and paid the downpayment for the car. On Monday, 8 July the dealership in Germany called me to come take the papers for the car and pay the reminder of the price. I have by then heard about the french authorities refusal to register any CLA built after the 12 June 2013 (see more here: Why you can't buy a Mercedes in France | NDTV.com) but the car salesman assured me that everything would be fine. I've then paid the rest of the money and when I went to the registration office in France, they refused to register it.

I am very frustrated about the way I was treated by the dealership. They knew that there is a problem with the French authorities but still encouraged me to pay the full price AND rather than enquiring themselves about the eventual problems with the authorities in France (which is virtually five minutes away from the dealership which is situated right on the border) - they sent me to test them like some sort of a ginny pig. Now they gave me a B class (a hideously ugly car) as a temporary replacement and they say they are looking into how to fix this problem.

If anybody has any advice it is most welcome.:confused:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Weird problem. Could you register it in another country and drive it in France?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
He can only register it where he lives.

There is nothing you can do until Mercedes resolves this with the French authorities.

Stupid problem if you ask me.. If over air conditioning freon...

·
Premium Member
927 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
UPDATE:

Even though a French court ruled that the sales ban should be lifted until the original decision can be re-examined, the French government is still choosing to maintain the sales ban. Mercedes-Benz is understandably challenging this action in court. The sales ban affects the A-Class, B-Class, and the new CLA. The loss of these sales amounts to about 2% of Mercedes' profits. No word yet on when the ban might be lifted.

·
Registered
945 Posts
UPDATE:

Even though a French court ruled that the sales ban should be lifted until the original decision can be re-examined, the French government is still choosing to maintain the sales ban. Mercedes-Benz is understandably challenging this action in court. The sales ban affects the A-Class, B-Class, and the new CLA. The loss of these sales amounts to about 2% of Mercedes' profits. No word yet on when the ban might be lifted.
Mercedes not being able to sell their cheapest vehicles is a big loss. With Mercedes actively taking action on the situation it should be just a matter of time. They are losing out on MILLIONS here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts