Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after much back and forth in my head. Think Im bailing my the CLA 250 thats being built today. Been on order for a months already. Think I'm just gonna bite the bullet, and get what I really want. The 45 ! Found one, and if it works out with the Dlr, having it trucked out to San Diego from the East coast. Any other West Coast people notice most of the dealer inventory was WAY over option'd in So-Cal ? Have seen 65,000.00 45's advertised. Wow!

Its been said the front is NOT removalable on the 250, But IS on the 45. Which is weird for they look exactly the same ??? Anyway..... Has anyone removed this lip yet? Or am I going to be the first?

Want to remove, the Lip. Mirrors, and side trim on the rockers to paint them. Seeing I also work at a custom paint shop, this is a must do for me. CAN'T wait to get and drive this thing.

Thanks if you can help with this...

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Wait, you work at a paint shop and you make enough to buy a CLA45? I'm in the wrong business. Congratulations and good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wait, you work at a paint shop and you make enough to buy a CLA45? I'm in the wrong business. Congratulations and good luck.

LOL....That job is just for fun. I do the larger one off projects for Ap designs. WWW Apdesigns dot com We are the offical paint shop for Monster Energy, and do many of the top racers in Motosports, and Extreme Sports. Reals jobs are Lic realtor and Car finance guy..... I'm lazy, only have three jobs man :)

This 45 coming has the Alum dash. Thinking about janking it off and doing an old school black dash / custom Pin Stripping like a hot rod... may be cool.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This all sounds really cool. I hope that it works out that you can get the 45 transported to Cali for you.

Personally, I wouldn't do the pin striping on the dash. Just not my taste. But seeing as how you have experience with painting stuff, I'm sure you know what you are doing.

Can't wait to see pictures and get updates along the way :D

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
you'd be surprised how much some painters make
its a good occupation

you aren't going to regret getting the 45 AMG :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well .......... I'm so completely disgusted over this entire process. Long story short. There's two 45's I want to buy. Have contacted the dealers and willing to pay their advertised price which is the MSRP. Well both dealers are saying they can't sell me the cars for I've been listed on MB's " do not sell list" as I have researched now, seeing I have the 250 on order and have contacted several other dealers over the nation. MB see's me as a possible Exporter of these cars.
Wish I didn't like this car so much. Should tell MB as a whole to keep their car. Lord forbid a customer contact a few dealers and offer to pay full price, then pay another $1000.00 to ship it across country so I don't have to wait 5 months to get a car closer to what I'd like. Sorry I'm not interested in paying 65-69,000 for these maga optioned cars our dealers have available out here local.
Really disappointed and upset over the whole thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts