Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
heres the full info regarding the significant aspects of the CLA Edition 1. It covers Exterior and Interior upgrades as well as the extra options Mercedes jammed in there.

Oh, we also find out the CLA Edition 1 MSRP: $40,900, plus destination and delivery....

Exterior:
Sport Package
Night Package (high-gloss black exterior features)*
18" AMG Black High-Gloss rims*
Bi-Xenon headlights with LED tails
Edition 1 Label*

Interior:
Sports seats with leather/DINAMICA with neon contrasts*
Flat bottom steering wheel*
Aluminium trim
Aluminium pedals with rubber studs*

Other:
Premium package
Panorama Sunroof
Metallic Paint
Multimedia Package

*EDITION 1 EXCLUSIVE

·
Registered
121 Posts
I really like the black rims with the red calipers. Visually this is great. The racing models that are on display in Frankfurt right now are a bit overdone in the styling department, but this CLA edition 1 styling is much more refined. Is this significantly more expensive than getting a regular CLA and adding options to it to make it a bit nicer? Like, is it a discount to buy this version instead of buying all the features that comes with it separately?

·
Registered
257 Posts
the edition 1 CLA interior still has to grow on me and I doubt it will ever fit. Not feeling the neon green. The exterior on the other hand with the red accent make it interesting and eye catching.

·
Registered
313 Posts
the edition 1 CLA interior still has to grow on me and I doubt it will ever fit. Not feeling the neon green. The exterior on the other hand with the red accent make it interesting and eye catching.
Hey Giovanni the neon isnt the only available interior on the Edition 1. The neon stripes come only with the DINAMICA seats. DINAMICA is a type of ultra-light, flameproof and high-strength microfiber substrates and artificial leathers usually used in racing and aviation applications. the Edition 1 also has available leather options.

Heres a photo of CLA 250 Edition 1 from Frankfurt

This is the interior from the CLA 45 Edition 1

The red accents on the CLA pictured in OP is the CLA 45 edition 1, CLA 250 Edition 1 comes with the same high gloss AMG rims but no other exterior clues

·
Registered
945 Posts
Where is the Edition 1 label located on the car?
seems like it could be on the seats near the top, but it's hard to tell from the photo above. i wouldn't care much for edition 1 badging though. Anyone looking at it will know it's something different from the manufacture. being badgeless is probably the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I have yet to see any one even from Europe post anything about the edition 1. Was it really that appealing for consumers to buy?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a question

You can get the edition 1 as the CLA AMG or the 250 right?
From what I understand yes... All the pieces I've seen about the CLA edition 1 have pictures of CLA 250s and CLA 45s...

On a side note the GLA edition 1 was released today as well, now we wait for word on an AMG 45 variant...

·
Registered
945 Posts
i have seen both CLA 45 AMG and CLA 250 Edition 1's, as cool as this is, they need a special edition that can only be had on the CLA 45 AMG.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Isn't there the black series...
not yet. There was a video floating around here of an CLA 45 blasting around the ring with a whistle pipe that many here speculated was a CLA 45 Black Series testing at Nurburg.

But still no official word as far as i know..

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
The edition 1 was more so appealing with its interior and all but will the black series have anything instore for performance or is it strictly just cosmetics?

·
Registered
945 Posts
no confirmation of the black series but it'll probably happen.
That's a model I can't wait for, i wasn't entirely impressed with the Edition 1 package. It great for people who want a CLA that stands out from the rest but it just doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought an Edition 1 in Mountain Grey three weeks ago. No one at MB knows about the Edition 1 labels also my car does not have aluminum pedals with rubber studs. Anybody have any ideas to convince MB to install those items on my car? I did not find the Edition 1 that much more than a well equipped CLA . By the time I would have added the Edition 1 items to a well equipped CLA I would have paid about the same plus I did not have to order my car from the factory.

·
Registered
69 Posts
One of these was one ebay at 38K last week. Wish I could've pulled together the cash in time. A great options group and EXTREME exclusivity...what a terrific buy...:(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts