Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good video. I didn't realize until now that it's the Verano and ILX that would be the most direct competition to the CLA. Since they are all low entry luxury models and FWD. Mercedes is going to destroy this segment lol.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I agree. The ILX and Verano don't even compare the the CLA.

Only advantage of the ILX and Verano is the manual transmission. And the Verano manual apparently really sucks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Acura and Buick must be sh*tting their pants with the release of the CLA. You don't really hear a lot of good things when it comes to the build quality of the Acura and if Mercedes continues to deliver like they have always done than there will be no competition. It would be nice to have manual, but that won't be enough to push me towards the ILX or Verano over the CLA.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Great video on showing off the CLA. Not sure how Top Gear says this car does not look good, because I think Mercedes did a pretty fine job.

It also discloses that the the CLA 250 is the only option people in North America will have until the AMG comes out. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by that.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes they did a review on the euro model CDI 220 CLA which we wont have in North America. Performance wise I could maybe understand they expected a bit more but to complain about the looks is another thing. I think the majority if asked would say the Mercedes CLA is a pretty fine looking car with nice lines.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yes they did a review on the euro model CDI 220 CLA which we wont have in North America. Performance wise I could maybe understand they expected a bit more but to complain about the looks is another thing. I think the majority if asked would say the Mercedes CLA is a pretty fine looking car with nice lines.
The CLA just looks amazing, don't know what's wrong with it, it's actually the best looking vehicle in it's segment.

BMW is working on a competitor but I doubt their 2 series competitor will ever look as nice as the CLA.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
The 2 series is based of the 1 series. If you really look at it its a 1 series with a facelift really. But yes the CLA has some nice lines and aerodynamics that work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts