Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a new CLA, but am confused on 1 issue. Are halogen headlights (standard on the car) the older yellowish headlights, while the Bi-Xenon the brighter headlights; or are halogen white, but not as bright as Bi-Xenon? Thank you for the clarification.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Halogens suck! Basically the xenon is the 1 with the projector within the headlight and bulb produces a much crisper white light.If you get any options the xenon upgrade should be it.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Bi-xenons

I drove a black CLA with just the halogens. I bought one with the bi-xenons. It looks sooooooo much better in my mind. The xenons offer truer, white light for sure. Very bright at night. But what really sold me was the LED daytime running lights that only come with the bi-xenon package. They look sharp day and night. It really dresses the car up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
this is my ordering slip
I hope this answers ur question :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Xenon's are definitely the only way to go. It is one of the only 'must haves' for any car I look at. Once you drive a car with them and notice the difference between Xenon and Halogen, you will wonder how you ever drove with out them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Seems like the order slip isn't CLA-specific but something that's general for any Mercedes that can be pre-ordered... interesting.
why is it interesting? lol that's how they do all their cars

I'm wondering if I could swap them later?
front and rear? not worth it moneywise and timewise lol

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Halogens suck! Basically the xenon is the 1 with the projector within the headlight and bulb produces a much crisper white light.If you get any options the xenon upgrade should be it.
Funny how they haven't scraped the halogens yet. It just a dull look on a brand new car but if you do want the xenon projectors it will cost you of course.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am about to purchase a new CLA, but am confused on 1 issue. Are halogen headlights (standard on the car) the older yellowish headlights, while the Bi-Xenon the brighter headlights; or are halogen white, but not as bright as Bi-Xenon? Thank you for the clarification.
Order with Bi-Xenon the tail lights design change are different and nicer than the standard

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
xenons all the way when given the option.

id like to see xenons standard on all cars one day. its a safety feature!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts