Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Has Anyone Else Bought Or Test Drove One??

16394 Views 62 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  BenzFan
We can't be the only ones on this forum that has.
Impressions?
41 - 60 of 63 Posts
I plan to test drive the new BMW and Audi competitors when they come out.
do you know when the BMW 2 series sedan is expected to come out?
do you know when the BMW 2 series sedan is expected to come out?
No I don't. I was asking that question also.
Does anyone know if the front and back tires are different size? The C250 has different size front and back. so you can't rotate them.

thanks!
same size and emt(run flats). No spare.
Reactions: 1
Hwo do you guys find the ride with the run flats?
Hwo do you guys find the ride with the run flats?
The ride is similar to a sport model C300/250/350. All the tires are runflats even the luxury editions.
Anyone seen a Check Engine light yet?
the more i think about it

as the days go by after my test drive, ive solidified my feelings about this car. i do not agree that this is a luxury car complete with silent stately drive that does not shake up the occupents. i feel that this is a semiperformance car that is a blast to throw around, use the paddles, punch it. slide it. have a great time with it. i think you will have fun fun fun BUT if you are expecting luxury handling, faggetabout it!!!!!im going to really enjoy it. ;):cool::);)
Just got back from the dealer.I do like the car a lot. The paddle shift has a little delay but not too bad.

Car is extremely quiet.No exhaust sound AT ALL! It's all engine noise.

The cars at dealer were all sold.Doesn't matter since none had sunroofs or xenon option. To me those 2 are absolute must options.I want the grill but don't wanna pay $2300 extra for the sport package.Not when I don't want the wheels included in the package.I have my mind set on aftermarket 19's.Which reminds me the stock wheels look tiny including the optional 18's.

Right now looks like I can place an order and have it in December.I really rather not wait. Going to look at other dealers stock next and hope they have a white/black inside CLA with xenon/panoroof.
On another note -

All the people that came to test drive the CLA while I was there were older couples.Leaves me wondering if this will end up as the run of the mill model that parents buy for their spoiled kid or just an old couples car.Opposed to being a younger generations car with tuning options and such.It can end up like a Lexus ES model or an IS.

At this dealership there was 20 cars,all sold.None with visual packages or xenon/led options.
On another note -

All the people that came to test drive the CLA while I was there were older couples.Leaves me wondering if this will end up as the run of the mill model that parents buy for their spoiled kid or just an old couples car.Opposed to being a younger generations car with tuning options and such.It can end up like a Lexus ES model or an IS.

At this dealership there was 20 cars,all sold.None with visual packages or xenon/led options.
Why do you care who's buying the car? As long as you like it what does it matter who else does, also. BTW, the CLA is no where near an ES. IS, maybe.
Just got back from the dealer.I do like the car a lot. The paddle shift has a little delay but not too bad.

Car is extremely quiet.No exhaust sound AT ALL! It's all engine noise.

The cars at dealer were all sold.Doesn't matter since none had sunroofs or xenon option. To me those 2 are absolute must options.I want the grill but don't wanna pay $2300 extra for the sport package.Not when I don't want the wheels included in the package.I have my mind set on aftermarket 19's.Which reminds me the stock wheels look tiny including the optional 18's.

Right now looks like I can place an order and have it in December.I really rather not wait. Going to look at other dealers stock next and hope they have a white/black inside CLA with xenon/panoroof.
Someone posted "somewhere" that the grill will be a dealer add on sometime in the near future.
Forgot to note the dealership is selling them at MSRP,no mark up.
After transmission failure, our CLA is back from the dealership.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 1
After transmission failure, our CLA is back from the dealership.
awesome photos.

not sure if I read before. what happened to the transmission?
We picked up the car Monday night. White with Bi Xenon Package, P1 and Sport Package. Vehicle won't put in reverse last night. Towed to dealership within 24 hours. LOL :D
I'm not one to usually go for or pay attention to extras, but that is one nice looking box the keys came in. Do all Mercedes come with those or is it just that dealership? It is classy, and does turn receiving the car into a bit of an event.
awesome photos.

not sure if I read before. what happened to the transmission?
The car wouldn't put in reverse after we took delivery in 12 hours. LOL.

I'm not one to usually go for or pay attention to extras, but that is one nice looking box the keys came in. Do all Mercedes come with those or is it just that dealership? It is classy, and does turn receiving the car into a bit of an event.
I believe just that dealership. :D
What was their explanation for the no reverse problem?
What was their explanation for the no reverse problem?
Transmission failure. They replaced the valve body of the transmission.
The car wouldn't put in reverse after we took delivery in 12 hours. LOL.

I believe just that dealership. :D
I think many must do it. I got my keys in a black leather box too. Nice presentation for a sub $40K car in my humble opinion.
Someone posted "somewhere" that the grill will be a dealer add on sometime in the near future.
Just agreed to a lease deal yesterday and the dealer said I could have the sport grill for $800. Didn't go for the option personally but at least the option is out there for those wondering.
41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.